Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ECR145EL plastic tank

Degering1 · 2025-08-23 18:02

Can anyone provide an ID, or even better a part number for this reservoir/tank? Volvo Excavator ECR145EL

Replies12
  1. #1Coaldust2025-08-23 19:28

    I suspect your window washer sprayer does not squirt any washer fluid. Amiright?

  2. #2Ben Witter2025-08-23 22:38

    That is the expansion tank for the DEF cooling circuit

  3. #3Universal Parts2025-08-24 04:25

    I have the auxiliary water tank of your model.

  4. #4Ben Witter2025-08-24 12:53

    The tank he has is not like the overflow tank for a radiator. It must be sealed and it looks like that tank you have is vented at the top fitting. That fitting must be capped and the cap must also be sealed with no vent.

  5. #5Universal Parts2025-08-24 22:19

    Did you see clearly that there is a vent hole on the lid? Imagine that water is pumped out from the bottom. Without the vent hole, the jar would be blocked.

  6. #6Ben Witter2025-08-25 10:01

    That is the point. It has to be blocked otherwise coolant would leak from that hole. Like I said this is not a radiator overflow/expansion tank. It serves the purpose of being an accumulator for the DEF tank cooling circuit. It has to be sealed with no leaks. I think you should stop trying to hawk your Chinese products in forum posts and get into a vendor or classified forum.

  7. #7Universal Parts2025-08-25 13:03

    You first figure out what the main water tank is and what the secondary water tank is, and the working principle before questioning me. Hubly ask your local repair technician whether the exhaust hole of the coolant secondary water tank is blocked.

  8. #8Ben Witter2025-08-25 20:54

    I do not need to figure anything out. I know this system as well or better than anyone on this forum. This tank is a closed tank and is not vented. I have explained what this tank's function is.

  9. #9Ben Witter2025-08-25 21:06

    To the OP there are 2 different pn's for the tank depending on sn. If you only need the cap to the tank that is available separately. The cap has been known to crack and leak. I would recommend only filling so that you have one finder fo coolant in the bottom of the tank and then firmly tighten the cap so it does not leak. Make sure the top opening is square with the threads and smooth all the way around with no marks or flashing from the molding process.

  10. #10sfrs42025-08-27 04:43

    @Ben Witter I completely agree with you on this. BUT I think the op has already been caught out with a cheap copy part, if you look closely at the picture you can see the same " vent " pipe on the top of the tank. It looks like he's going to need a complete tank. The early s/n number tank has now been replaced by the later s/n number tank so you can only get the later version now. same with the cap. @ you need Volvo 53883271 for the complete tank including cap

  11. #11Sporter7622026-07-31 01:37

    Hi Ben, I’m new here. I have a 145 with this bottle filling up when engine is running. Would you would have any ideas as to why? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  12. #12Ben Witter2026-07-31 21:42

    More than likely you have leakage at the bottle. As I have stated in must be sealed. It is best to make sure the level is low in the tank with the engine off/cold. The tank is an accumulator and the level will fluctuate with use. Just make sure it is sealed and does not leak.