Ok so I am probably wearing out the forum with ECR58D questions. I just bought one and I have ordered a copy of the owners manual. In the meantime I have to ask these questions online.... On my cat mini ex, I wound it up full throttle to work. It performed better with the hydraulic pressure that it had with the motor wide open. This volvo works good at full throttle but when I am in tight quarters....I have to roll back on the throttle or I might smack into things. It's that quick. Isnt there a way to ease up on the hydraulics from the computer screen? Also my joysticks are missing the button covers....new joysticks are $800 a pop. Anybody know how to replace the buttons in a joystick? Its just the single button on each side. In order to honk the horn I just about have to use my fingernail to depress the white piece that USED to be beneath the button. Same thing on the right joystick (implement select) The little doo dad is there and can be pressed. but it needs a profiled "button" to be really usefull.
I never run our compact machines full throttle unless I'm into hard digging. Our 42 Bobcat is uncomfortably jerky at full throttle, and our 55 Kobelco is dangerous on the swing wide open. Neither can change speed of hydraulics. The Bobcat however can change the thumb speed, but that's it. you could always get a new stick one at a time.
Looking up the machine on the net just to be sure, It doesn't have the ability to program it to respond slower. The solution is to pull back on the throttle which is what you are doing. The Cat 306 has EH controls and allows you to dial in preferences, but Volvo does not.
Assuming its similar to our 60, we almost never run full throttle (red on the screen), usually dial it back one or two clicks. My biggest gripe is the boom swing, the thumb and swing are controlled by the same rocker on the joystick, and you push a button to switch between the two. Its easy to forget which mode its in, and the boom swing is far too fast, we have it dialed all the way down in the settings.
Yes you have to hit the button in order to toggle between boom pivot and thumb. To make matters worse, in the one I just bought, the rubber button covers are worn off. In short I have to take my gloves off and use my fingernail to hit the button. Sure wish there was a you tube video on how to make your own button cover.
Good day All recent volvo models have a flow adjustment on screen for option circuit, from memory you have to select service mode and scroll through to find the screen. Fun with Fuel may well be able to help some more. Try sure grip for the bottom boots, if not split it apart measure up and try Auto switch supplies. Kind regards Uffex