Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo engine problem EC210

Hario Ardimas ยท 2010-09-27 07:06

I was wondering if anyone has any information /parts manual of volvo EC210 with engine volvo sn s/n 014566 1210041049 Thank you in advance. regards

Replies22
  1. #1cps2010-09-27 13:36

    If its a EC210 (Not a B or C) it should have a cummins engine? What is the problem you have?

  2. #2mourafetis2010-09-29 06:08

    I have both parts and service manual in Prosis but I cannot extract them... If you need any help let me know...

  3. #3Hario Ardimas2010-10-01 23:29

    Dear sirs, ec210 engine volvo, the problem is water is mixed with oil. Thank you sirs,sorry for the english regards hario ardimas

  4. #4cps2010-10-02 13:24

    It is most likely your oil cooler mounted under or around the oil filter on the engine block! Fairly common problem! Hope this helps!

  5. #5mourafetis2010-10-04 07:01

    Indeed, the engine oil cooler is the most common cause for this problem.

  6. #6darlly012010-11-06 12:55

    volvo EC210 power problem?? I'm having a problem with the engine, all electric and electronic are working fine, but when the machine get forced the motor runs to death, anyone can help me to understand the hydraulic system, it seems that the problem is there. I'm an electronic technician. thanks in advance.

  7. #7Per Eriksson2010-11-06 15:24

    I'd start by looking at the fuel supply, check filters, blow out the lines to the tank and check the return for airbubbles. Do the engine smoke black when it drops in rpm?

  8. #8ruralexmech2010-11-06 15:54

    Although the machine is the same, I would rather you post this in a separate thread so we can understand whose problem we are trying to fix. Also, it doesn't look like you are trying to steal or "hijack" someone else's thread. Thanks and I hope we can help you fix your problem, Logan

  9. #9darlly012010-11-06 19:21

    I've tried, but I don't why it is not accepting to place a new thread, it says I have no permission to do, so I just want some help, not steal or hijack. thanks for your advice.

  10. #10ruralexmech2010-11-06 19:46

    Oh yeah, i should have remembered that. In order to start a new thread you need to post a certain number of times to get off of probation. Then you can start a new thread, sorry i forgot about that.

  11. #11darlly012010-11-06 19:58

    ok, thanks. so... are you going to help me or what?? If you know where I can find instructions about the hydraulic system I appreciate. thanks

  12. #12MANUEL NAUT2010-11-06 20:18

    volvo ec210 like per wrote when the engine drops rpm you see a dark smoke from the escape or there is not black smoke? if you have black smoke it could be probably the hydraulic system that is overloading the engine. in that case you must check the pressure electronic reducing valve(perv) mounted in the pump that could possibly be malfunctioning either hydraulically or electronically (remember that this valve controls the pump output flow of both sections of the pump). or sometimes due to hydraulic fluid contamination the swash plates and/or the servopistons on the kawasaki pump do not respond properly to the hydraulic control signals. put a 1,000 psi in your perv circuit and it should vary from somewhere about 100 psi to 400 psi, when the system pressure rises the control pressure generated from this valve increases , this disminishes the swash plate angle and so the flow generated. if the engine when loaded drops the rpm and there is not black smoke, most of the time you have a fuel system problem like per wrote in his post hope this help

  13. #13darlly012010-11-07 13:05

    thanks manuel and per, No there is no black smoke, just the motor acceleration goes down to death if I insist on command to force it, when I loose the command motor comes alive, if I don't loose command motor turn off. thank you both for the help, I'll keep checking the hydraulic system, the main problem is that I don't know much about how the hydraulic system works, and I have only the electronic information, and it is not much complete information, as voltage of proportional valve, etc. anyway thanks, have wonderful days.

  14. #14Per Eriksson2010-11-07 14:29

    Also make sure your airfilters and turbo are in good shape, electronic engines can sense the lack of boost and reduce the amount of fuel. You don't need any special knowledge to troubleshoot this, concentrate on the engine fuel supply first, often it is the most basic things like clogged filters or suction lines.

  15. #15mcslamma2010-11-07 18:00

    Put it in manual mode and see what happens, any error codes?

  16. #16ruralexmech2010-11-07 18:38

    I wish i could help you more on the topic, I am sorry but i don't know much about excavators. I was only trying to make everyone happy by keeping threads organized. Nothing was intended in a personal manner. I do believe that other people will be able to, and by the looks of it may already have, tried to solve your problem. As i progress further in the heavy equipment field, i will hopefully be able to answer questions like these more readily in the future. Sorry for any offense Logan

  17. #17rgl7262010-11-07 20:15

    try to clean you fuel strainer. this is usually found in the banjaw bolt fittings

  18. #18Adrian2012-07-20 20:42

    Black smoke Help! What's the cause of black smoke? I have ec210 excavator. We checked the turbo but its working good.. Boost preasure max at 72..

  19. #19Adrian2012-07-20 20:44

    Help! What's the cause of black smoke? We checked the turbo but its working good.. The reading max at 72. I have ec210blc..

  20. #20nixs2012-07-22 15:46

    Check airfilter.

  21. #21cps2012-07-22 16:28

    If it is real black smoke at tick over and does not clear when revved up then check the injector pumps individually! i had this problem lately one of the pegs that sits into the fuel rack had broken of! causing the pump to deliver a full dose of fuel! Hope this helps! Aiden

  22. #22Bulldogcox2020-02-23 13:34

    Hi, I have a Volvo EC210nlc since 2001. Please help me, the acceleration does not exceed 1500 rpm, where is the problem? thanks