Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo erc58 ‘Swing / slew’ issue ?

Jrod · 2024-05-12 17:20

Hello Gents, I have a 2012 Volvo ecr58 machine that all of a sudden will not 'Slew' left / right. Console shift button for 'Slew' - Cab / boom working fine in switching... Solenoids check-out fine... When I press the console button the solenoids ( 2 ) shift fine from 'boom swing' to 'Cab swing'. When I angle the stick to swing it wants to swing left and right, but is being held back... I am assuming the' Brake' is stuck on and not draining through the valve ? Is there a trick to get the brake to release ? Thanx : }

Replies4
  1. #1MTNXTREME8002024-10-22 17:00

    I know this is old but mine won’t even activate !

  2. #2Iscott192024-12-18 12:41

    can you take a picture of the switch to use for the slew swing?

  3. #3Jrod2024-12-18 12:50

    FIXED ...$14,000 repair for new swing motor install by dealer. They had to pull the whole cab to get to the motor. It's time to get a 'Bobcat'.... : (

  4. #4Hffhvg2024-12-18 13:22

    So the problem was that the reduction unit of the slew/swing motor broke down? Or why was it necessary to replace the whole motor?