Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EW160 B

ashfaq · 2025-08-17 02:34

Hello Volvo Experts, I’m reaching out for advice regarding a Volvo EW160B. Currently, the machine shows the parking brake sign, but there’s no error code. I replaced the TECU with another unit, and now the machine gives error code 130 SID 254 2. Additionally, on both TECUs, the machine does not operate in Auto mode. I’ve attached pictures of both ECUs for reference. I would be very grateful if anyone with experience could guide me on troubleshooting this issue. Any advice or insights would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Replies2
  1. #1Ben Witter2025-08-18 13:34

    The fault code is displayed in your first image. MID 130 SID 254 FMI 2. This refers to an internal fault in the TECU. You will have to have your dealer come out and first try to program the TECU and if that does not correct the issue it will likely need replacement. As far as not working in auto mode you will need to test/diagnose the auto/manual switch circuit.

  2. #2ashfaq2025-08-18 21:51

    Thank you , I will call the technician and get it checked