Have an EC160BLC and the joystick functions on both sides have started acting up. When you crowd stick in the stick wants to come in on it's own and then it will only stop when you you push the stick the opposite direction. The boom also does the same thing. Looking for any advise.
Look in the cabinet immediately behind the cab. Is there a pattern change valve? If so, make sure you are all the way, one side or the other.
Yes gas changer, but we never use it and last time I did it was very stiff. Could it move? Also, have had some metal in system from a failed drive motor. Drained system, new filters, prob 100+ hrs before system started this problem
Yes, that could absolutely contribute. Did you wash out the tank? Did you flush the case drain lines, replace the spin on filter, and replace again after a few hours?
Good day A common complaint caused by contamination, cleaning the hydraulic system with a kidney device resolved that issue here. Changing filters and fluid often proves too little to late. Kind regards Uffex
Yes cleaned tank, replace case drain filter 3 times one being in the first 4hrs, then again at 12hrs, then again at 20hrs. Flushed or cracked loose all the lines I could reach, ran the machine for prob 100hrs before it started this.
Are you talking about an external filter system? Didn’t do that but when the machine drive motor failed it was back in the woods and we hopped it out about 200yds to work on it. I guess it could have contaminated system during that period.
Good day bchand Yes I was referring to an external cleaning system, normally you would run the cleaner with a static machine for a period of time and then operate all functions flushing the complete system. As a rule of thumb, oil sampling will condemn the fluid if you make a test, your latest post strongly suggests that to be the cause. Kind regards uffex
Hi Uffex, How would someone connect a cleaning system to flush the system? I suppose the aux port for a thumb would get most of it, aside from the drive motor circuit? Just curious, Thanks,
Before we dive on a grenade, lets make sure its nothing simple. Fact, the volvos have a case drain filter which catches most trash. The return filter in tank catches nearly everything else. Unless you were careless, post repair, everything should be ok. With all that outta the way, is it "just" the joysticks dropping off or is it the foot pedals too?
Just the joysticks. And it’s just the stick function and boom function acting up. The swing, bucket, and pedals are fine.
Well, stick and boom are what get swapped with pattern change valve. Better look there first.
Good day DeerJohn The recognised method would be by an extension tube in the tank I can make a illustration if you find it of interest, I recall Hitachi at one point had a filter which looped into the return line from the cooler but I have no details. The external kidney system used a small gear pump driven by either a electric motor or small gas engine this picked up the fluid from the tank and forced it through a high pressure filter. This action reduced the contamination to lower micron levels. Kind regards Uffex
Are those set up like a rotary manifold with the casing seals?.....or is that a machined fit? I don't believe I have had one apart.
Funwithfuel the pattern changer was a little out of position. It’s fixed. Good call! Thank you so much for your help!
Glad to see, cheap n easy. Those are the best.
Rotary manifold. Something like 30* rotation changes oil paths for arm and boom so you don't drive the stick in the ground like a noob. I, personally can't work backhoe control. I know what functions are on what stick in backhoe, but my brain won't accept it. I'm stuck on ISO forever.