Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo excavator pipelayer experiences

trombeur · 2020-02-16 01:57

hi excuse me if I am attaching this discussion I don't know if you have already dealt with the subject, with your permission I expose the question I saw that I wanted in my humble opinion to be a prestigious brand that builds robust and reliable machinery, I said he made a crawler excavator that changing the arm could transform into a pipe-laying crane to build oil pipelines, what do you think of this found. do you think it is valid or do you think it is better to use two different machines specific for each application? thanks in advance for your comments, opinions and personal opinions PL3005D pl 4808 E https://www.laurini.com/it/Prodotti/ATTREZZATURE-PIPELINE/PIPE-LIFTING-KIT.html

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2020-02-16 02:09

    Surerus is a large pipeline contractor and has a huge shop on the way to my land. They have probably 100 or machines sitting in their yard at times and I've seen at least 8 of the Volvo pipelayers. https://www.forconstructionpros.com...ed-on-innovative-pipeinpipe-project-in-canada

  2. #2Bls repair2020-02-16 10:31

    Most pipelines once they start digging don’t like to stop . Having more machines behind them lets this happen . I can’t see any advantage to this except maybe a very small job.

  3. #3trombeur2020-02-16 11:27

    in essence the equipment is proportionate to the size of the work to be performed, thanks to your opinion, perhaps for large jobs the traditional side boom pipelayer is more suitable, perhaps being fixed and ballasted in an unbalanced manner, it is more difficult to overturn and the crawler tractor is do you climb better on steep slopes than the classic excavator?

  4. #4Welder Dave2020-02-16 14:17

    Surerus has over 400 pieces of modern equipment which includes conventional pipelayers and the Volvo pipelayers. I can see a big advantage just having 360 deg. swing capability.