Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

volvo F-series trucks… already?

JimBruce42 ยท 2010-09-11 13:53

Just stumbled across this on a non english forum. Seems like the E -series just came out and there's already some F's floating around. They look pretty good (as can be expected for Volvo trucks). I wonder how well they'll preform. I'm glad to see turn knobs for the climate controls apposed to the sliders. They may last longer. anyway, here is a link. I don't know what any of it says, as english is my only language... I just go for the pictures:beatsme http://www.dumper.nl/forum/81/1/2232

Replies3
  1. #1r00t2010-09-12 10:20

    The F-series ADT has been out on field-tests for a while now, and will probably be availible soon. The G-series wheel loaders also has been on field-test, and should real soon be availble for purchase, along with the Opti-Shift transimisson. The new excavators will be realsesed under 2011-2012 if I remember it correct. A link to a swedish forum with pictures of the G-series wheel loader: http://www.***********.net/viewtopic.php?t=14785&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0 Page 1 and 2 in the thread has pictures of it.

  2. #2MitchSA2010-09-13 14:03

    The E's are doing really well down here. I'm looking after a few A30E at the moment and although they only have about 1500 hrs on them, they have been really good! That climate control panel comes out of the F series loaders. It seems a bit "soft" for the application, especially here in Africa Good looking truck!!

  3. #3TruckManiac2010-09-21 10:12

    what are the changes on the F Series. Noticed a few from the pics, but any drive line, axle or structural changes? Like the A35 and A40 of the E series? Has anyone heard if Volvo were removing their oil bath oscillation and going back to a std greased joint.