Hello guy's Any of you got any pics from Vegas of the new G946B? Im curious about how the design on the joysticks is on the serial graders.. I am told its different from the Scandinavian design, because of the factory installation. Yup and i told u in 2008:cool2
I belong to the spanish forum www.foromaquinas.com and several grader operators got the same doubt too,it´s a mistery about this...
Apparently, it's joystick control while still maintaining the steering wheel. Exactly the same system as the M series CAT, however steering wheel is maintained. I believe there will be a retrofit kit avaliable to the G series - although I'd hate to think of the cost.
I checked the spanish site about this... If any of you want to know more about the system, search for "volvo G900 series" and my username. I've put out a lot of pics. There is already a retrokit. System is NOT the same as on the M-series. Bether or worse? I need some hours in the M to say anything about that. Any of you guy's got any input? But i have not seen the series solution.. I'm curious about the new display, the cables, the seat and how the joysticks is attached to the seat. I got this system in our G976 in 2007....And it was available in Norway before that... But still pre-series solutions....and i know there are som changes.. Here is some pics from 2007: HeavyEquipmentForums
I can tell you right now, the system is from the same supplier of the M series Caterpillar.
OOOSQ: do you have any info that we haven't seen earlier? I wasn't aware that SVAB made the system for Cat...Interresting... Is the Cat system a electrohydraulic servo manualy connected to the sentral? I thought their system was a direct electronic on the hydraulicblock. Nothing surprices me, i know the first joystick system in a cat was in a H. That was a SVAB system. And the operator of that one, is in the expert grader group that Cat has for the development of the M's. As the volvo's is available with both the manual levers and the joysticks, its naturaly that they use the SVAB system, that bolts on the sentral instead of levers. As i said, i've only got experience with the earlier versions for scandinavia. Any pics?
A collegue of mine is an employee of the grader factory. If you look at the G930/G940 brochure - he's the man in the cabin. Fairly reliable source!
Several posters are correct about Volvo using the SVAB system. Caterpillar does NOT use SVAB. The two systems are not the same and do not come from the same supplier.
Thats fine. Everything thats printed is the truth....marketing teams never mislead.
No misleading here. Regarding whether or not the Volvo (aka Svab) system is the same as the Cat M and M Series 2 systems and is from the same supplier, the answer is NO and NO. You can trust that. I also have put hours in on the new Volvo system and can say first hand, the Cat system is completely different. Volvo has made some changes since the earlier designs, yes. But Volvo, uses a 2-axis joystick while Cat uses a 3-axis which provides a twisting motion of the 3rd axis. I have my opinions on both, but will refrain from sharing in honor of the website rules. However, I will offer this.... I challenge anyone to request a demo from each supplier (a Cat 140M2 AWD and a Volvo G946B) and you see which one better suits your needs.