Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L110E ‘low brake pressure’, ‘brake charging failure’ messages

Machinaholic ยท 2022-03-08 00:01

Hi all, I have a Volvo L110E with 'low brake pressure' and 'brake charging failure' messages. The brakes still work but I think they are weaker than it should be, I bought the machine like this so I have no previous history. I'm looking for any pointer or anyone with experience dealing with this problem before or the parts usually fails, I think in order to troubleshoot this problem I need the diagnostic tool 'Vocom'? Any help is greatly appreciated,

Replies3
  1. #1sfrs42022-03-08 04:57

    Have you manually checked pump pressures? The function of the central block is to distribute oil and pressure to the cooling fan, the brakes, the steering and the servo hydraulics and the working hydraulics. The central block is located in the rear frame, on the left side. Pump 1 supplies oil to the working hydraulic system. When steering, pump 2 supplies oil to the steering system. Then, pressure and flow from pump 1 is distributed across the central block to brake charging and the servo valve. Pressure and flow from pump 2 is distributed over the central block to steering, brake charging (passive charging), the servo valve and the working hydraulics. Pressure and flow from pump 3 is distributed over the central block to the cooling fan and the electrically controlled brake charging. Charging failure (se504) only comes on <120bar (1740psi) for 60sec or more brake pressure (se502)comes on at <90bar (1305psi) and the charging failure at the same time. If both are happening it could be pump failure, because I doubt both sensors are failing at the same time.

  2. #2funwithfuel2022-03-20 22:23

    Simple test, check fuse 22. It should feed SE504, which dictates brake charging. When you start the machine, watch your low brake pressure light, if it does not go out in 30 seconds curl your bucket over relief for 3-5 seconds. Please report back if the light goes off.

  3. #3rockfarm2022-09-13 16:32

    same thing happened to our case loader turns out it was the braking accumulaters the nitrogen charge had leaked into the oil system causing the same alarms to come on.