Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L120F

vulep · 2013-08-07 06:29

Hi,friends.I am new here.I am certificated Cummins tehnician and if you need help about cummins I wiil help. I have problem with volvo wheel loader L120F with D7E LAE3 engines,common rail.There is fault monitoring steering oil preassure and engine stops.Please if anybody know what is problem and if anybody have wiring diagram of engine ECU where I can see via which pin is signal for engine stop. Thanks in advance Best regards

Replies23
  1. #1Steve 6502013-08-07 22:33

    ... are you sure the code is not related with the high pressure fuel common rail system?

  2. #2vulep2013-08-08 03:34

    On driver displey write Monitoring Steering system oil preassure.If I good remember,when is common rail preassure high,write ECU PSID 097. I have not engine ecu pin out,I think that in diagram can see where is problem.

  3. #3sfrs42013-08-08 12:12

    do you have an email address, i might be able to help with a wiring diagram.

  4. #4vulep2013-08-08 15:02

    My e mail [email protected] Thanks in advance

  5. #5sfrs42013-08-09 04:44

    i have sent you some wiring diagrams, thati think will help you. one of the inputs to the ecu, one of the switch that monitors pressure difference, and one of where that switch imputs into the ecu

  6. #6Badar2015-01-18 10:54

    I have problem with Volvo wheel loader L120F with D7E LAE3 engines, the machine was good and running perfect but there a time machine went for washing and the water penetrate to the diesel tank, and spoil the Injectors, I repair the Injectors and clean the Tank the hall system, but am facing a problem when you start the machine will start fine then switched off, as per mechanic said the machine two injectors are not working, anyone can advise me what should I do, is really the injectors need to be replace as I have repaired them at Bosch, my e-mail address is [email protected] Badar Best regards

  7. #7vulep2015-01-19 16:03

    Try to block one per one injector from fuel galery and measure return from injectors.

  8. #8Badar2015-01-19 23:35

    Mechanic told me 2 Injectors are not working, it’s could be relay, give me more possibility I can check one by one. the injectors are repaired all and all the time if there any problems we repaired, since machine is new, only 4500 hours, it’s could be the life cycle is done I contact Bosch said the injectors are fine, I was planning to buy brand new witch is costly not repaired, please I need your advise.

  9. #9Badar2015-03-02 09:16

    Volvo wheel loader L120F with D7E LAE3 engines I replaced new injectors and the machine start well but is not catching race few munities and switch off, what could be the problems.

  10. #10Steve 6502015-03-07 19:17

    only one bad injector will not making the engine to die. When you said you repaired injectors, did you chaged them for rebuilt ones? No error codes in display? Maybee the FCV is not working properly if water have passed in it!

  11. #11Badar2015-03-07 23:02

    Thanks very much for your help, the Injector before are rebuild then I change to brand new, some of says ECU, and u said FCV, no error codes display, some said fuel regulator. am keeping spending money I would like to know what is the problems any one can help me this is my e-mail [email protected] .

  12. #12Steve 6502015-03-08 18:48

    I found very strange no error appear in dash. FCV= fuel regulator. When you start the engine and put the pedal to max, the engine stays at idle ?

  13. #13Badar2015-03-08 23:43

    Sir the only part I did not change is Fuel regulator (FCV), but everything I change ok let me buy that part and change and see how it the engine it start, thank you so much sir, I do appreciated so much

  14. #14Badar2015-03-08 23:48

    Sir the only part I did not change is Fuel regulator (FCV), but everything I change ok let me buy that part and change and see how it the engine it start, thank you so much sir, I do appreciated so much

  15. #15Badar2015-04-01 01:37

    Dear All, I change FCV, still the same problem but some said could be relay I should check please any idea, anyone can help me what else could be.

  16. #16Steve 6502015-04-03 19:24

    I can give you more input but you will have to give me some readings... What is the fuel suply pressure ? What is the common rail pressure ? I`m still confusing that the dash don`t show code about fuel pressure. Did you changed all the injectors, been there done that; a specialized fuel shop told me they were good and the loader had no power. It finally ends to be all the injectors. Did you have a hand control throttle, could be the fuel pedal. As for your relay, I doubt about it, your engine is working ! Did you check for fuel contamination ? Check for air in fuel system by installing a see through hose. You can also install a suply hose into a 5 gallon fuel directly to fuel pump. Another test is to cancelled one high pressure pump and see if the motor will change. If you do its important just to cap the high pressure common rail an let the high pressure pump not cap to prevent pump failure. Remove 2 high pressure pump and check the camshaft condition. PSID 096 is the code for fuel system. Now you have plenty things to check

  17. #17Badar2015-04-04 05:51

    Thank u sir I will check all, I change all Injectors are new and pressure pump all are new, and fuel regulator new, from Bosch,

  18. #18Badar2015-04-04 08:59

    Steve, Thank you very much for your help, as of now they check with Volvo agency told me could be ECU, problem as dashboard disappeared no any reading dead, nothing is appear so we can able to know the codes, if it is ECU what the symptoms, before I will spend money and change and then programmed, Please any idea advise.

  19. #19Steve 6502015-04-04 18:44

    If the dash is not working, its sure your not gonna have throttle. as the dash control the hold current for the relay that is sending voltage to engine ECU. If I remember right, its the relay 12 or 13, controlled by the pin 24 from the dash!

  20. #20lauterbach2016-03-14 09:27

    Hi Guys. i have same problem with same loader, L 120F Error code 128:96:12 somehow i feel earlier conversation with same problem i have now. if Mr Badar solved the problem can u advise me how u finilized it would be appreciated if i get the wiring diagram thank you

  21. #21Badar2016-03-15 00:36

    Reply to lauterbach

  22. #22lauterbach2016-03-15 12:23

    Thank you for ur replay we cleared the problem Today the issue was 1. the transfer pump which working on belt was not deliver the required quantity to the two unit pump which i repaired outside as well the belt was slipping the wheel loader working fine now without error codes .

  23. #23ALemos2017-02-14 19:37

    Dont spend money, I had same problem and dealer personal try to fit all lot of parts very expensive, I stop them and I made a reduction on return common rail pipe near high pressure control valve and fit a banjo bolt with a old valve 1,5 bar return valve to increase common rail high pressure or retain lot of diesel leak to fuel tank, is working now in very good condition from Octuber till now.