Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L120H bucket leveler failure

Volvomad ยท 2025-01-16 02:54

Has electric joystick working fine apart from leveler works at times but mostly does not. Been at it for 2 months. Brings up fault code P104200. I am afraid to price the tilt sensor.

Replies11
  1. #1funwithfuel2025-01-16 13:20

    On the angle sensor,is the set screw tight? Is the arm bent at all? Do you have tech tool, are you able to observe input from sensor?

  2. #2funwithfuel2025-01-16 16:12

    Here is measuring info off one of several serial breaks. Good luck.

  3. #3Volvomad2025-01-16 16:13

    I have no tech tools. The arm is not bent. I dont know about the set screw but it did not appear loose , last time I looked. Where the harness leaves the sensor and passes over the loader arm cross member it is a bit squashed but is since we got the machine 3 years ago. No cuts and it seems to have a very thick insulation.

  4. #4funwithfuel2025-01-16 16:14

    If you post the serial, I'll try to get correct diagram, unless we got lucky.

  5. #5Volvomad2025-01-16 16:23

    Thanks for that. I will get the multimeter to it on saturday.

  6. #6funwithfuel2025-01-16 16:24

    We got lucky with the serial number? There's like 3 different diagrams.

  7. #7Volvomad2025-01-16 16:30

    KF0014454

  8. #8funwithfuel2025-01-16 16:39

    Use this one, it's correct for serial. Good luck.

  9. #9Volvomad2025-02-03 18:13

    Only got at it today. The 2 bearings in the angle sensor were duff so I replaced them (6202 2RS). Put it back together, I think i calibrated it and for now it is working. Not sure how the bearings stopped it from working or if it had lost calibration. What is the proximity switch beside the sensor for? Thanks again for the help.

  10. #10Volvomad2025-04-02 05:45

    Worked perfect for 1 day then stopped completely. I checked the wiring with the sheet funwithfuel gave us (Thanks) and seems good so I will get a sensor. Found this on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0DB7V9LCC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A12JDR3I03IC92&psc=1 but the sensor manufacturer number is slightly different to whats on the machine and I can buy a good brand sensor with the amazon number for small money so if the stealer is off the charts , i will take a punt with the electronic store version

  11. #11funwithfuel2025-04-02 05:53

    Nothing wrong with outsourcing some parts here n there. They are very proud of their packaging.