Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L150F Accumulator Charge Pressure

antz ยท 2026-01-28 19:55

I am replacing the BSS accumulators on this loader and I am trying to work out what the precharge pressure should be (the have been supplied with 0 precharge pressure) and if I should charge them before installation or after. I dont have the gear to charge them onsite and local shop is an hour away. Prosis spec is 435 psi - 870 psi. I wondering if they should be charged, tested then adjusted on the machine if required or if I can get away with just putting an amount between those values in and hoping for the best. Obviously the best solution is to charge them once installed however best and most cost effective usually aren't the same thing.

Replies3
  1. #1funwithfuel2026-01-29 06:04

    Charge em both to 650 before install. Once on the machine, you can purge small amounts to find the sweet spot. I find that 435-465 on the machines I care for provides a very smooth ride. Results vary from bucket to bucket and whether or not you have a ling boom. Be very careful to purge all the pressure from the circuit, screw a test hose in to the measuring port on valve 1 until no oil drains. Could be as much as 3 gallons. Good luck

  2. #2antz2026-02-01 16:37

    Great thanks for the info.

  3. #3antz2026-03-02 18:08

    Just a follow up, I had the accumulators precharged to 650 psi (i didn't see it on the gauge but that is what I asked for) and have installed them on the machine. They are slightly on the soft side so need to be a little careful loading trucks but makes operating the machine a pleasure.