Our L350F got hot today. Went to check it out, had codes for high charge air temp and high coolant temp. Fired it up and noticed the cooling fan not spinning at all. Also has code 1048-7 that comes up briefly when the engine is running that has to do with brake charge pressure. The fan will spin both ways when you spin it by hand. I was going to check brake charge pressure tomorrow. I did check fan pressures for P3 with the ps line hooked up it read around 430 psi with it blocked off it read 290 psi. Putting in fan pump test mode did not change those readings. 430 is high, book says should be around 350.
Can you get the fan to spin by tilting the bucket back against the stop. The brakes and fan are mixed with the brake getting priority. Tilting the bucket back charges the brake accumulators and circuit. Low brake pressure can lead to overheating.
That was one of the things I was going to try next. I’ll keep you updated on my findings.
Just a quick update. I got it going today. I ended up changing the pressure solenoid in the central valve that controls the fan and it’s speed. Brake pressures all checked out. Fan pressure was good as well after the new solenoid was put in.
Did u resolve the problem after changing the selenoid that controls the fan speed ?
Yes that solenoid solved the problem.