Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L70 engine fan needed

karlbradshaw ยท 2015-11-29 16:11

Hi all My L70 loader has been making a strange noise for a few days. I thought it was a misfire as it didn't seem to be running correctly. Turned more into a vibration yesterday and then heard a bang followed by a water leak. The water pump bearing failed so the fan wasn't spinning straight. The fan was spinning unevenly and cracked and a blade went through the radiator. Rad off being repaired and water pump will be exchanged tomorrow but I think I'm gonna have trouble getting a replacement fan. Local breaker hasn't got one and says Volvo have discontinued the part. Does anyone here know where I can find one? The engine is a Volvo BM TD 45 B. Cheers Karl

Replies2
  1. #1sfrs42015-11-30 06:28

    Hi Karl you have a Private Message

  2. #2karlbradshaw2015-12-12 02:43

    Big thank you to Doug from Kansas Tractor Parts for sending this over.