Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L70 Exhaust Leak

karlbradshaw ยท 2023-05-25 11:32

Hi all, I previously posted about thread sizes for the exhaust manifold as I was missing a couple of bolts and thought that was where my exhaust leak was coming from. I've since discovered its not the manifold leaking but some where else around the back of the head (it's hard to see). I think it's behind the water pump. Just wondered if anything common on these first before I take it too bits. The water is OK with no gas blowing into it and the machine is not down on power, just an annoying manifold tick.

Replies2
  1. #1karlbradshaw2023-05-31 11:23

    It's looking like the head gasket has blown at the back. It's not emulsified the oil and the water isn't contaminated either. Does anyone if this is likely, ie. the just the exhaust gas blowing out with no other problems. It's not missing or anything, running fine apart from the exhaust blow noise.

  2. #2karlbradshaw2023-05-31 11:40

    And if anyone can point me in the right direction for a repair manual that'll be great.