Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L70B Stuck in 3rd gear.

LoaderGuy ยท 2014-07-23 19:07

I have a Volvo L70B loader that started blowing the 5A fuse for the F-N-R and 1-2-3-4 circuit. The steering column switch has been replaced with no change. We put a 10A fuse in just to get loader onto the float. It doesn't blow the 10A fuse, but loader stays in 3rd gear. When I checked the amp draw on the circuit from the fuse holder, it's only drawing 0.24 amps in either forward or reverse, and nothing in neutral. Chaning the switch position from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 appears to do nothing. Amp draw on the circuit doesn't change either. Does anyone have any suggestions or have you experienced this before? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2014-07-23 20:13

    Whatever was drawing 6 amps is now burned out and no longer shorted. Have you checked the solenoid coils in the transmission? I think it has five. That's about all I know about these.

  2. #2LoaderGuy2014-07-23 21:11

    Haven't checked coils yet. The machine is fairly new to me, so thought I would ask before I went too deep. I just got my hands on a service manual, so maybe it will point me in some direction.