Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L70E error Computer Failure

Raiff · 2019-06-14 03:21

Hi, vehicle shows on the screen STOP, computer failure, stop the vehicle. Loader did worked very vell last day and in the morning it didnt start anymore. I connected the vocom and PTT did diagnostic, no error codes were found what is very strange... Can anyone help me?

Replies11
  1. #1mg23612019-06-14 04:55

    Welcome to HEF Raiff ! The Volvo guys will be along shortly to help you out.

  2. #2Raiff2019-06-14 05:51

    Good to know mg2361 UPDATE: Fuses and relays are okey.

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-06-14 06:59

    First thing first. Pull the instrument panel out, in the back you will find a heat shrink wrapped 2 wire connector. Back probe the connector with an ohm meter. Should be around 59 to 61 ohms. 60 is spec, but not final. Now remove that little 2 wire connector and measure resistance across the connector. Should be 120 ohms , give or take. The same with the harness end. Check part number of ECU . If it ends in 4402 plan on calling the dealer. Now, If that all checks out, move to your engine ECU mounted on bulkhead between radiator and engine compartment. Disconnect harness from ECU. Be careful, those old plastic clips might break if you get all savage with it.youve got to work the cam locks up n down little by little because they are probably packed with dirt. Once you get it unhooked, you want to disassemble the connector. On the top will be 2 twisted pairs orange yellow and green grey. You want to look closely where the wires run around corners. They tend to chafe and short out with long hours. You would also want to check connector @ engine harness connector. Looking closely for shorted wires. If you look at schematics, you'll see that your instrument panel turns power on to second half of itself as well as vehicle and engine ECUs through a relay controlled by a resistor that acts as a delayed shutdown to allow computers to save information. Good luck.

  4. #4Se.la2019-06-15 06:12

    Inspect if input Ground and + are ok , if yes call VOLVO tech.

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-06-15 08:44

    What Se.la has posted shows what I was trying to explain. See where the I-ECU receives power from 15EA (that's a different relay) once it powers up it closes ground to RE11 which then powers other side of I-ECU and:V-ECU. Like I mentioned earlier, the I‐ECU with pn ending in 4402 had a weak cold solder joints in the unit itself. You would most likely have to contact the dealer.

  6. #6funwithfuel2019-06-29 21:35

    How have things worked out? Have you come to a resolution?

  7. #7Raiff2019-07-01 01:40

    I had to call dealer and they fixed it, ty for your tips guys.

  8. #8Calvinalpine2019-09-24 14:52

    So if I back prove the wires behind the dash panel and have 120 ohms does that mean I’ve lost some communication wires elsewhere

  9. #9funwithfuel2019-09-24 15:19

    Please open a new thread after you introduce yourself . You'll get a better response. Details and descriptions help.

  10. #10heymccall2019-09-24 15:27

    What did they do to correct issue?

  11. #11GTrig2024-07-20 09:45

    Sure would e nice to get a "follow up" !!!!