Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L90E

VolvoBM ยท 2023-10-25 04:11

Hi, I'm going to look at a 2006 L90e ( its showing 7500 Hrs ) and wondering are these a good loader. Is there anything to watch out for. I've been told that the fuel system gives trouble and to avoid but the L90F is a good loader. Any advice is welcome as I know nothing about these newer Volvos Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Innocent bystander2023-10-27 19:02

    Had/have a fleet of L90Ds. Es, Fs, Gs and now Hs. Nothing sticks out that I recall. except a ton of Trans shift solenoids, but pretty reliable machines. dont recall any issues with the fuel systems, has unit injectors and belt driven fuel feed pump, was pretty reliable system. At least it does NOT have an aftertreatment system!!!

  2. #2funwithfuel2023-10-27 21:41

    Agreed with what's been said. The belt driven fuel pump would always suffer when guys were cranking the snot out of it trying to stop belt squeal instead of replacing the belts. Occasionally issues arise around brake charging and accumulators, but that's kinda maintenance and simple enough to correct.

  3. #3VolvoBM2023-10-28 03:25

    Thanks for your advice, I feel more confident going to look at the L90 now. I will let you know how I get on and if I buy it I will put a picture or 2.

  4. #4OzDozer2023-10-28 06:50

    All the L90's I've seen are very robust and pretty reliable machines - but as with all Euro-design equipment, the electronics are the first thing to give trouble. As always, the important factor is how the loader has been maintained and what type of work it has been engaged in. If the machine has done any amount of work in a corrosive environment (near the ocean, underground, sulphate ores in mining), I would walk away.

  5. #5VolvoBM2023-10-28 09:18

    The loader has given it's life in a sand pit and been a back up loader or there for when things were busy and it was needed hence the low hours or that's the story the guy has told me on the phone. I'm hoping to go look at it next week and see how good or bad it actually it.