Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

volvo LM 1641

54j ยท 2015-05-08 18:29

G'day all, I'm more of a dozer man, but I'm looking at an old Volvo loader as a bit of a project. It's a 1641 with a Detroit Diesel (GM) 6/71 in it. I've had a bit of look on the net, but the 1641's are listed with a volvo td 100 motor. The gm looks factory to me. I was wondering if anyone here would have any info on these old girls they could pass on to me. Let me know what you need..photo's etc. I haven't been able to find any serial no- on the machine as yet...I have one for the motor but nothing for the machine...any clues as to where it might be hiding??? thanks in advance tony

Replies2
  1. #1MKTEF2015-05-10 15:23

    You will find brochures here: http://www.volvoce.com/construction... Loaders Volvo BM/Pages/Volvo BM LM 1641.aspx I Guess the Serial number is on the left side of the front part, below the main bolt for the lifting arms. Nothing about a Detroit in those brochures..But With a sae 1 housing most engines can be bolted on.

  2. #2cuttin edge2015-05-11 21:49

    Considering Volvo, and Michigan's history together, the GM engine makes sense. Perhaps, if not factory, it might be an easy fit.