Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo MC 90

Copenhagen ยท 2008-12-03 21:47

I rented a Volvo MC 90 to move some snow the other day, I am pretty torn on whether or not I like the machine. First off, the seat was great! Much more comfortable than Bobcat or John Deere. The sound level inside the cab seemed to be a little less than the Bobcat, but after running it for 6 hours, I noticed my hearing to be a little dull when I got out. The machine I rented had a door on the front that blocked vision horribly. While pushing snow on the street, it wasnt an issue. If I was moving dirt with this machine and had to get anything to grade, the door would have to come off. While sitting in the machine, you couldnt see ANY part of the bucket. You either had to scoot the seat up so much that your legs were uncomfortable or lean forward all day. Anyway, thats just my $.02

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2008-12-03 21:58

    I ran a MC110 this Summer. The power was good. The rest of the machine sucked......bad. It is easy to see why Volvo has had next to zero market penetration with this skid steer. I hear rumor that Volvo is going to release a new, updated machine. Other than the pilots and an engine transplant it is the same machine Volvo took over from Scat Trac 8 or so years ago. It was garbage then and it is garbage now.