Anyone ever been around a Volvo MT2000 milling machine? I Haven't heard much about them. Does anybody have any info or opinions about this machine?
Mt2000 Use the search function , I believe their is some information about them here. They are based off of IR mills, some people seem to like them. The early ones have problems with the safety features on the tracks being overly sensitive. They seem to be a lot of machine for the money to me. Volvo had a pair of new overstock last year that we considered buying, the work fell threw so we did not purchase. I wish we would have, they we 2013 new for around 350,000.
They're not a bad machine but the controls are overly complicated as are the safety features. They use the same control box as the smaller mills and it takes some getting used to if you're used to using writgen products.
We've been running an old Cat pm 465. Had pretty good luck with it. But I can't get new grade/slope controllers. And nobody wants to work on old electronics. The Volvos seem to be priced more reasonable than most.
It's because they stopped making them and support is spotty. I've had to figure most stuff out myself. I'd pass unless you're really good working on your own stuff.