Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo PF 6110 paver ?

GregD1 ยท 2013-11-09 21:15

Anybody out there using a Volvo PF- 6110 in their fleet ? We have one and it has been the biggest piece of S#@$ that ever came out. Not enough space here to list all the problems we have had with it. Curious as to who else is having problem with it. We have a meeting this week to get rid of it with their factory people.

Replies2
  1. #1andoman2013-11-28 09:36

    I don't know anyone that hasn't had problems with them, they are junk plain and simple. Out here the dealers look for any excuse to blame the contractor for reasons to void the warranty, my buddies company had 6 of them and finally got volvo to agree to replace them when all 6 had issues. They're going around trying to sell the 7110 now and when we asked to demo one they said only if we signed a purchase agreement first, yeah right. It's too bad BK and barber Greene got bought out they both made good machines in their day.

  2. #2GregD12013-11-28 10:35

    That`s sort of how I thought it was going. They are taking ours back. I`ve got a stack of warranty W.O.`s for repairs that were done under warranty. I had worked for the Volvo dealer when they bought Champion and they did the same thing. For the first few years they were a mix of Volvo and Champion parts and they sucked till they were all Volvo. Did the same with Samsung excavators and now the same with Blaw Knox. I brought that up to the Volvo factory rep and he had no reply. There was an outfit that bought a couple of the first excavators and it was either front idler or adjuster they were having problems with. I went to the machine and split thhe track while our service rep brought out 2 new idlers along with 4 or 5 engineers from Korea. They were in shock and amazed as they admitted they had never seen one apart like that.