Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo prosis

biggerhammer ยท 2015-01-21 13:00

Hey guys Just doing a little bit of research on this software and it looks like its good for all Volvo equipment. How user friendly is it? Are there diagnostic connectors required for hook up? When 'googleing' it looks like a lot of people are cracking it so you don't need a subscription I'm guessing? It looks like when hooking up it recognizes the machine hooked up to and automatically will provide the service info for the application-I'm sure you have to navigate to find what your looking for which is why I ask how user friendly it is. Any experience or feedback would be appreciated. I wouldn't use it whole lot-theres just one machine that's a Volvo that I work on. But another tool in the bag is nice to have. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1GregD12015-02-02 06:53

    Volvo doen`t have anything that is user friendly when it comes to computers. Yes it will tell you what is going on with your machine as long as you know what buttons to push, but like any other plug in trouble shooting system, if you expect it to be a fix all, it`s not. If you have access to Volvo parts online or VCADS, Prosis is on the same level. Good luck.

  2. #2Ben Witter2015-02-02 21:26

    Volvo Prosis is parts and service information. Techtool is the program used to interface with the equipment.

  3. #3doug20152015-02-09 14:37

    Yes Volvo prosis is off road repair and product information. Volvo PTT and Vcads is for diagnostics But both work very well