Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo PT 1662 transmission fluid

chickenminer ยท 2021-04-07 23:28

I've got a Volvo A35 w/ PT 1662 transmission. Really confused on just what type of fluid goes/can go into this transmission. I've read everything from Dexron II ATF to just using AW32 hydraulic fluid to using 15/40 engine oil ! Can anyone tell me what is recommend for this transmission and a comparable brand ? Thanks !

Replies5
  1. #1komatsukid2021-04-26 19:57

    Volvo at102

  2. #2Nige2021-04-27 11:23

    Volvo AT102 spec corresponds to a Synthetic ATF. Most major oil manufacturers should produce one. Below the datasheet for the Chevron offering. https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=420671&docFormat=PDF

  3. #3chickenminer2021-04-28 13:59

    Thanks !

  4. #4komatsukid2021-05-05 20:19

    I mentioned the volvo oil because I'm a field mechanic for the volvo dealer in Michigan and I know volvo lubricants are high quality ( made by mobile.)

  5. #5Nige2021-05-06 10:56

    And it's probably entirely possible to buy exactly the same spec of oil from a major lubricant manufacturer for significantly less than what the OEM charges, and have the same oil in the drum. It was certainly the case when Cat lubricants were manufactured by Mobil, I'm not sure if they still are.