I was wondering how they compare to a dedicated track machine. Is production hire, how about reliability? Any info would be appriciated.
I have them on a 440. I like them. Other than adding to the width of the machine, not a lot not to like. Mine have been trouble free. I broke a chain on the skid steer last Fall, not sure if I should blame the VTS or not, but more than likely that was the cause. Even with that I have no regrets.
I just got a set for my Gehl and have only used them for about ten hrs. I like them . The power loss is noticeable but increased torque, stability and traction in mud is well worth it. They don't ride that bad either. The ability to swap between the two machines in case of a break down and the the transition I need to make when I plow in the winter matters in my case. Mine were new and I thought the brochure was ok but was lacking any info lubrication or how often you need to check the bearings. I read somewhere that some add zert fittings to the hubs to simplify greasing. I'm glad to hear KSSS has no regrets.
I had a set on a 70XT and moved them to a 440S3, I love the VTS. They ride way better than a factory track machine and increase production big time. I do think you could tear stuff up with them on but anyone that is normal should be okay.