Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

W24C Case engine swap

pwrstroke96 ยท 2010-10-07 02:55

Hi me and my dad have a W24C case with a cracked block. We welded it up and it has lasted about a year but a couple of weeks ago we notice coolant in the oil. We have a 5.9 cummins out of a bus and were thinking about putting that in it. Has anybody ever done this? Any help would be nice. Ive read a few other threads and noticed nobody likes those old case loaders but it's what we got. We mainly use it around our farm and it works sweet for that. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1hayjayhorses2010-10-27 22:34

    I am thinking about doing the same thing, but I have a Michigan 125a with a gut less gas engine, I also have a cummins 5.9 out of a dodge pickup. I was talking to my friend about this and he told me I will need to turn the fuel down, and run an ag governor. The cummins 5.9 I have is 215 horse with is to much power for the old 125a's drive line. It should be easy if you case has a #2 bell housing, I found a #2 cummins housing for a 5.9 that i am putting in a GMC topkick.