Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wa450-3 parking brake issues

pp13bnos ยท 2016-10-28 19:13

So, this last week I was running my 450, using it to load a manure spreader. I'm a one man show right now, so I would load the spreader, then shut off the loader. It would typically take me 12-14 minutes to spread a load. When I fire up the loader again, I'm having difficulty getting the parking brake to disengage. If I flip the parking brake switch, it takes about 4:00 minutes for it to release. If I toggle the switch, then rev up the engine, it will go off much sooner. But it seems as though the warmer the machine gets, the higher the revs it takes. On a cold start, the parking brake will almost immediately disengage. In the past 20ish hrs I changed the transmission fluid, and filter, and had the pilot cleaned too. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this. Thanks, CJ

Replies6
  1. #1DK882016-10-28 21:06

    if you pump the brakes how many appilcation do you get until the low brake warning comes on? key on engine off and if you keep pressing the brakes with the engine running does the alarm come on? kinda sounds like a pump / charge valve issue as its slow to build and worse when hot.

  2. #2pp13bnos2016-10-29 00:37

    Next time I'm in it, I'll see how many it takes.

  3. #3jdawg2016-10-29 20:56

    Sounds like your compressor is getting weak and not building when it's warm. Maybe increase the governor a bit and see if that does it

  4. #4DK882016-11-03 20:09

    ^ no air brakes on a -3, they use a small gear pump,

  5. #5dogcyber2016-11-05 22:51

    I would check my transmission fluid level first.

  6. #6pp13bnos2016-11-24 09:24

    I could never get the light to come on. With the engine on I could push it all day, and nothing. With the engine off, and the key on, it still wouldn't come on. Occasionally when I'm running it, and hit the brakes, it'll will come on very briefly, then go out.