Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WABCO C turnapull steering contactor parts

markmox · 2022-09-02 11:34

Hello, does any know where I can buy the contactor points for the steering and loading motor relays? Thanks, Mark Mox, 248-930-7588 [email protected]

Replies13
  1. #18V712022-12-10 17:36

    Sorry I checked my boneyard had a c pull and a 111A and all the contact goodies have been gutted. Don’t even know where to get the stuff anymore.There may be some guys out there that can refurbish them.

  2. #2markmox2022-12-12 15:58

    thank you for checking your stock for me. Mark Mox

  3. #3Jonas3022022-12-12 16:17

    So what makes those contactors any different than a industrial motor contactor? Never been around a Wabco just curious if they could be replaced with modern parts

  4. #48V712022-12-12 17:21

    They could be converted to something modern I’m sure with some time/research. I’ve never updated one with modern contacts/controls so I don’t have any experience with it. I’m sure a good electrician could figure it out.

  5. #5JaredV2022-12-12 17:25

    There are still a lot of Letourneau log stackers running in the Pacific Northwest. Somebody has to be supporting them. Maybe they would have what you need?

  6. #6John C.2022-12-12 19:24

    Just ran a search and got some surprising info. Letourneau has gone through multiple sales over the years and it appears has now become Komatsu Mining Corp. Check out this link for possible leads: https://www.constructionequipment.com/earthmoving/surface-drills/company/10722563/letourneau-inc

  7. #7terex herder2022-12-29 08:39

    The big difference for the LeTourneau contactors is duty cycle. The steering contactor may make more cycles in an hour than a similarly sized industrial contactor will in its lifetime. ISTR the contact pads were significantly larger than a similar industrial unit. Then as the unit gets older the voltage will drop off at lower RPM's and the contactors will occasionally weld themselves shut. The electrical system is 120 hz, I have no idea the effect of the double frequency on contactor design and life. You could always tell a experienced LeTourneau/Wabco driver. Everyone else would slow down in the corners, the LeTourneau driver would go through the corner full rack to keep the voltage up so he would have steering.

  8. #8Tones2022-12-29 15:35

    Yep and if they're still going to fast then drop it down a cog and keep the right boot buried in the floor. BTDT.

  9. #9Maurice Muenks2023-02-07 21:26

    If my memory serves my right I believe there are Westinghouse type N size #3 contacts.

  10. #10TD242023-02-08 15:06

    Might try these folks: https://www.pc-s.com/contactors-ele...MIx5-RwduG_QIV8i-tBh0WEQEEEAAYAyAAEgIjyvD_BwE

  11. #11dpull2023-04-17 20:31

    Try to give John McCalla a ca at 260 609 3106. He is in north west Ohio did have a lot of LeTourneau parts. What is wrong with your points? If they are corroaded you can remove them and use a very fine file to clean them up

  12. #12markmox2023-04-18 09:41

    Thank you for the info. John has the parts I need. I appreciate you letting me know of him. Mark

  13. #13dpull2023-04-19 08:22

    Good deal