Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wacker RT Remote Syncing Issue

Parts ยท 2022-04-14 21:24

Folk, we have a Wacker RT trench roller that has always run amazing. It had new "eyes" and such installed before we got it. Recently I've had trouble syncing the remote. When you first fire it up the remote will sync with both eyes no problem and you can use the machine. After 30-40 minutes of running the lights that tell you if you are the correct distance just stay on orange (no flashing). Sometimes even if I am not touching the remote it will seem like its trying to move just a bit. Not sure where to start diagnostics. Is it my remote?

Replies2
  1. #1Eric @ CES2022-11-09 14:27

    Did you ever get this figured out? I repair those remotes, and I can test your remote, the eyes, and the decoder if need be. Wacker trench rollers RT820, RT82SC, and RT82SC2 and SC3 Eric @ Carolina Electronics. 919-570-9600 .

  2. #2Mrwizard2024-11-09 23:20

    Hi Eric, Ive got a RT82SC with the old style remote, round joysticks, channel select is external rotary switch. Was working fine when last parked, now remote wont communicate. Called wacker Tech, they had me check front of unit with my phone camera, no IR leds visible on either side. Ive opened and inspected the boards, nothing visible as far as burnt components or cracked solder joints etc. Any Ideas where to look?