Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wacker RTSC2 transmitter button failure

RenoHuskerDu ยท 2020-05-06 19:13

My vibrating trench roller got harder and harder to turn on. The guy I bought it from warned me that the power button on the transmitter is trouble. I wound up having to push on it like crazy with my Leatherman. Took the transmitter apart today and that button has already been replaced. Anybody have an RTSC2 and fixed this issue? I don't want to buy another button from Wacker, that only lasts a year or so and costs an arm and a leg. If that critter is just a momentary switch, I can wire in another kind of button.

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2020-11-07 23:27

    They went to rubberized switch .But should not have to push that hard on the switch . It should just sense your finger on it .

  2. #2RenoHuskerDu2020-11-09 21:23

    I found a momentary switch on fleabay that fits in there, hot glued it in, works like a charm now.