Hello to everyoone and great site. First time here but I am on other sites that directed me towards this one. Anyway - we do snow removal. Seriously looking at the Wacker WL 30. Small footprint for walks, drive and some small commercial stuff that is just tight. Anyone use/own/expereince with these machines? Summer time use, moving materials be in landscaping/construction or at our nursery with unloading / loading etc. Currently have all skid loaders and utiltity tractors for this type of work.
Its sister/cousin is the Gehl AL540. I have quite a few videos of it on my Youtube Channel, www.youtube.com/RutherfordConLLC and would be happy to answer any questions. I've used the Gehl AL 20, 140, 340, 540; Swinger 2000; Avant 420, 635, 735; Kubota R520; Boxer 726, 732; Ditch Witch Zahn (mini loader)... That's all I can think of currently. By and far I have the most experience with the current Gehl AL line.
The wacker loaders are great. I demoed a wl-30 and ended up buying a Wacker 280 all wheel steer. It is a very stable machine, its capabilites are amazing for such a small machine. The wl-30 that we tried out did not have the power, traction force and was not as stable compared to the 280. I have owned several small wheel loaders over the years and the new wacker by far is the best. Be sure to get the high flow version, and get the additional couplers. Also get the bobcat type quick coupler, we have the hydraulic one and it is a huge time saver changing between buckets, forks, brooms etc. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer what I can.
This looks like an older thread so I hope nobody minds if I hijack it...........we are looking at a WL-37 Wacker and I'm wondering about reliability/quality of the machine. We demo'd one and it wouldn't start when the temp got down to about -10f
I have a customer (two brothers) in Midland, MI with 2 Gehl AL540s, 1 AL340, and 1 AL140 (Wacker based design, Yanmar engines). They've never complained about the starting performance. Gehl does recommend plugging in the block heater under 20*F. Granted Mississippi spends far fewer days under 20* than Michigan, but I've never had an issue on my Gehl/Yanmar machines on our coldest days, and I've never plugged them in. As far as the Wacker's reliability, I unfortunately have no knowledge. It specs about 20% higher than the AL540 on tipping load. It has a good bit more horse power, but slightly less aux hydraulic performance. I've heard buzz about Gehl coming out with an AL840, but haven't seen anything to substantiate it.
The Gehl has a "vernier" style throttle. FANTASTIC for snow work
When you say snow work, do you mean snow blowing? For general running around/moving dirt, I like that the throttle is tied into the foot pedal for travel speed as well.
hello i have a newer wacker wl30 and iam happy with the buy. Around 220hrs on it now and no problems. Very tippy with a snowblower over all a great little machine. I use mine for tree work and snow.