How long do you wait for your parts to be delivered? So here's my bitch. On July 3rd (Friday)a fuel rail sensor was ordered but was to late so it was sent Monday from Melbourne to Sydney overnight. As at 430 yesterday July 9th this part is still in Sydney 700ks short of its destination and I'm sitting around like a stale bottle of **** mad as hell. :Banghead
****e happens, but that's ridiculous on something small like a sensor. I'd be jacking up people starting with the poor slob I ordered it from up to the owner and whichever shipper has it in their grubby paws as well. If you ordered it from a dealer, I'd be telling them to pull one off a machine in their yard and they can deal with a non running engine until the part shows up. Good luck with her.
the one thing about living in this metropolitan hell is that parts are pretty easy to come by, most time same day some times next day morning. Every now and again like everyone else sometimes parts get shipped from another planet and the machine has to be drug out of the way till parts get there. More often than not with the new equipment a stupid electrical sensor of sorts will brick a machine. Am I the only one that wishes they would double up on the critical sensors? if a simple sensor malfunction will brick a machine they should have two of them! that way one will set a SES light or maint needed but allow the machine to work. Mechanical injection was brilliant in its simplicity, and the worst un needed shut downs were usually either operator error or a malfunctioning Hobbs system. Oh the good old days.
Noting related to heavy equipment but on Tuesday I ordered a couple carb kits for an old Yamaha from a guy in Japan, they would have been delivered today Friday if I had been home when mail man stopped by, need to sign for them! So from Japan to Central NY in four days is not too bad. Then again they probably fit in a normal size envelope! Shipping cost was around $9.50
Yeah, and that cleared customs on both ends. I've had small packages delivered by FedEx, economy service from the UK in two days, I was amazed.
I could write an entire book on "bad" "wrong" "slow" "lost" parts.....tio
you and me both!!!! it seems like its getting worse instead of better also!! dualie the reason most equipment doesn't have 2 sensors is its cost prohibitive to stay competitive in the market nowdays!!
CAT many years ago made the statement that they could give the machines away and live comfortably on the income from parts and service. Think about it.
No help to you in your current situation but your post reminded me of this - another guy who was sick and tired of being rooted on slow parts delivery across the great continent that is Australia ........... JARROD BYRNE UNDERGROUND MAINTENANCE PLANNER BOUNTY GOLD MINE, MT HOLLAND FORRESTANIA, WESTERN AUSTRALIA NISSAN MOTOR CO (AUSTRALIA) PTY. LTD. C/O 244 WELSHPOOL RD, WELSHPOOL W.A. 6106 ATTENTION: MR NEVILLE GREEN, GENERAL MANAGER - NATIONAL PARTS DEAR SIR, I WOULD LIKE TO BRING TO YOUR ATTENTION SOME SERIOUS FAULTS IN NISSAN MOTOR CO. IN REGARD TO PARTS AVAILABILITY, LEAD TIMES AND PRICING. CURRENTLY AT THIS MINE WE HAVE A NISSAN W40 CIVILIAN BUS THAT WE CANNOT USE TO TRANSPORT STAFF TO AND FROM THE MINE. THE REASON THIS BUS IS NOT OPERATIONAL IS NOT LABOUR OR CONDITION RELATED, IT IS BECAUSE OF A DENIAL ON THE PART OF YOURSELF AND NISSAN MOTOR CO. TO ADEQUATELY SUPPLY YOUR CLIENTELE WITH PARTS. I GIVE YOU THE EXAMPLE OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS; ITEM PART NUMBER QUANTITY BEGGED FOR NUT NI-01211-00221 10 WASHER NI-40208-82100 10 SEAL-OIL NI-48252-32100 2 WHEEL RIM NI-40800-99071 2 DRUM BRAKE NI-40206-T8100 2 HUB BOLT NI-40222-J5625 10 BRAKE SHOES NI-43060-T9627 1 NUT NI-40224-J5610 10 NUT NI-48226-J5610 10 OF THESE I TRIED TO PURCHASE, ONLY 3 ARE AVALIABLE IN W.A. IT STRETCHES THE BOUNDS OF CREDIBILITY THAT ITEMS SUCH AS WHEEL NUTS (A CONSUMABLE IN MOST OF THE KNOWN WORLD) ARE AVALIABLE WITH A LEAD TIME OF 4 DAYS-EX EAST. WHAT RESOUNDINGLY SNAPS THE BOUNDS OF CREDIBILITY CLEAN IN HALF IS THAT ITEMS SUCH AS BRAKE SHOES ARE EX-JAPAN (6 WEEKS). I CANNOT DENY THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THESE COMPONENTS, THEY NOT ONLY SLOW THE BUS DOWN, THEY HAVE THE ABILITY TO STOP IT STONE ******G DEAD FOR 6 WEEKS! I DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER ENQUIRING AVALIABILITY ON SUCH COMPLICATED PARTS SUCH AS WASHERS ETC. THE ONLY WASHERS IN STOCK WOULD BE -WASHER? WIND THE ***K OUT OF THIS CUSTOMER AND TELL HIM IT'S EX-EAST. ON THE RARE OCCASION WE HAVE BEEN DELIVERED PARTS WITHIN AN ACCEPTABLE TIME PERIOD, THEY HAVE BEEN ENTIRELY WRONG. IT IS NOT THAT THE WRONG PARTS ARE ORDERED, IT IS THAT SOME OF YOUR PARTS INTERPRETERS ARE SO GREEN I COULDN'T SET THEM ON FIRE WITH PETROL. THESE ARE NOT ISOLATED INCIDENTS, THEY OCCUR EVERY TIME WE TRY TO PURCHASE PARTS, FROM $10.00 HOSES, AT $104.94 EACH, RIGHT THROUGH TO INTERNAL GEARBOX COMPONENTS THAT ARE SECOND ONLY TO THERMONUCLEAR WARHEADS IN THEIR CAPACITY TO ANNIHLATE ALL THAT SURROUNDS THEM. IT IS ASTOUNDING THAT IN THIS DAY OF INTERSTATE AIR AND ROAD TRANSPORT AT LEAST 6 TIMES PER DAY, YOU PEANUTS TAKE 4 DAYS TO GET A PART ACROSS THE COUNTRY. MAY I SUGGEST YOU STOP FREIGHTING THE PARTS WITH NISSAN TRANSPORT VEHICLES AS THE 3 WEEK DELAY IN NISSAN'S 24 HOUR ROADSIDE ASSIST IS BECOMING TOO MUCH FOR US TO BEAR. I COULD ELABORATE FURTHER ON THE COMPLETE FRUSTRATION I FEEL FROM TRYING TO KEEP THIS BUS ON THE ROAD SAFELY. SUFFICE TO SAY THE BUS DRIVER NOW HAS A FIRM BELIEF IN THE AFTERLIFE AND WE HAVEN'T RULED OUT DANGER MONEY FOR THE POSITION. PLEASE DON'T GET ME WRONG, I COULD HANDLE THE FIRST 35 INSTANCES OF BEING ***KED AROUND, (THE APOLOGETIC KISS FROM CUSTOMER SUPPORT WAS ALWAYS WELCOME). NOW THAT YOUV'E TURNED IT INTO A BIZARRE FORM OF SADO-MASOCHISM COMPLETE WITH SCRATCHING AND BITING, I FEEL I HAVE TO COMPLAIN....... I LOOK FORWARD TO DISCUSSING EVERY SINGLE FRUSTRATING EVENT OF THE PAST 8 MONTHS WITH YOU. I SINCERELY HOPE YOU C**TS NEVER BUILD PLANES YOURS IN UTTER AMAZEMENT, JARROD BYRNE CC. MR JOHN COSTELLO MANAGER,FLEET AND SPECIAL MARKETS, NISSAN AUSTRALIA MR BRUCE ANDERSON MINE MANAGER, NORMANDY MINING MR IAN BIRD U/G MANAGER, NORMANDY MINING MR DEAN HUGHES U/G MAINTENANCE ENGINEER, NORMANDY MINING MS JAN EVANS SITE SECETARY, NORMANDY MINING MR ROBERT WHITING PURCHASING OFFICER, NORMANDY MINING MR ANDREW MOSES OWNER, HOLLETON EARTHMOVING MR PETER CUE OWNER, WORKFORCE PLANT HIRE MR HARVEY KING REGIONAL MANAGER, MONADELPHOUS MR ALEX COOPER DIVISIONAL MANAGER, MONADELPHOUS MR RAY MILLER TECH. SUPPORT SUPERVISOR, MONADELPHOUS MR REX ANDREWS CHIEF PURCHASING OFFICER, MONODELPHOUS MR EDDY LOK MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR , MONODELPHOUS MR JOHN ECKHART FABRICATION SUPERVISOR, MONODELPHOUS MR PATRICK McKENNA STATE CONTRACTS MANAGER, ATLAS COPCO MR TED CORDINA PERTH SERVICE MANAGER, ATLAS COPCO MR GERRY O'CONNOR CONTRACTS SUPERVISOR, ATLAS COPCO MR ALEC TYRELL CONTRACTS SUPERVISOR, ATLAS COPCO MR MICHAEL GANT WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR - PERTH, ATLAS COPCO AND EVERY PERSON I TALK TO BETWEEN NOW AND WHEN I GET SOME ******G SATISFACTION..........!!
It is going to take me longer to get the little package from post office in town about 3 miles from my house! Guess I did not hear the mail man at the door on Friday then thought he would try again on Saturday when that did not work I tried driving to the PO but got there 30 minutes too late, they close at 11:00AM on Saturday :beatsme:
that letter to nissan is exactly why we got rid of UD trucks (rebranded nissan) here in the states. The brakes were good for 150,000 miles which was great but that was effectively lifetime brakes because you couldnt get another set of shoes sent ever from japan in anyones reasonable freaking lifetime.
:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh I wish I had enough time on my hands to write and send letters like this! I suppose if I was in charge of repairing nissans I couldn't get parts for I would! .....TIO
The part of my situation is where I'm working. The parts go from Melbourne to Sydney about 800ks then are reloaded and sent to my location about 700ks the same distance from Melbourne. Dumb eh. 7 years ago I got a 100cc hydraulic motor sent from the East Coast USA to Brisbane Australia, took delivery in 4 days and one of them was 4th July. Going into JD head office and have a little chat as they engage (under contract)these so called freight fowarders. PS Just been talking to the parts manager at the local agency 1.5hrs drive West of Sydney on the main arterial route. Takes them 2days on average to get an air bag X Melb
It would happen to be coming on TNT would it. Just recently I was told on a wednesday that I was being sent a part from our parts warehouse in Sydney. I should of received it on the thursday morning. I am in Bathurst only a 3 hour drive from my house to the parts warehouse. Parts didnt show up thursday morning and at the time it wasnt critical as they were just being sent out as a precaution for a machine that we knew was playing up but it wasnt critical. Anyway Saturday comes around and the machine breaks down into a cannot be driven state. No dramas everyone thinks, Gavin has the parts just call him and he can go fix it. Only problem was I still didnt have the required parts. Customer ends up driving down to Sydney himself picks up another part from the manager that came in specially for him brings it to my place and I go out and get the machine going on Sunday. Come monday morning when i got to my local TNT depot to return the failed part (as it was warranty and they wanted it back to strip and inspect) there is the original part sitting on the dock that had only arrived that morning. So long story short Parts were picked up by TNT on wednesday for a thursday delivery and didnt get delivered until monday. This is between places that are only 3 hours apart. It doesnt matter if you tick road freight, overnight or overnight first class they all come out on the same truck from the distribution centre. The blokes at my local TNT depot said that TNT have gone to a central distribution centre in Sydney from the previous 3 (I think ) earlier this year and they have had nothing but dramas since.
Biggav, you have nailed it. I had a meeting with JD Australia yesterday at head office and told them of the BS that's happening. They reckoned they had put "systems" in place to fix the problem so they where then enlightened their "systems" have failed and that nothing has changed in 5yrs and that they need to use a FBH to get parts moving or get another contractor. Yesterday arvo my phone was going hot, seems **** dribbles down hill faster than you can kick it up so we'll see what happens. I hope JD USA read this thread.