Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Waldon 5000 hydraulic leak

dwoods9 ยท 2023-08-20 15:48

This machine was my father's and it sat for about 4 years. I got it up and running but I think a hose burst under the front cover. All of the hydraulic fluid came busting out. I cannot get it to lift the bucket to get into the front cover to examine the damage. Should I fill it with fluid and try to lift it and lock in place or is there another option. I appreciate any answers. I have learned all this on the span of 2 months so if it is a dumb question I apologize.

Replies4
  1. #1dwoods92023-08-20 20:48

    I also think that if I took off the two hoses on each side of the boom that I could use a hoist to lift it. Again...learning as I go

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-08-28 00:05

    It should have float position on the lift. Put it in float and then you can lift it with another machine and block it up.

  3. #3dwoods92023-08-29 00:46

    Thank you. I should ha e deleted this as I already solved that part. Now the only thing left is the brakes.

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-08-29 00:49

    Just post an update when you get things fixed so people aren't still trying to help with that problem. If you post the fix it could help others with a similar problem.