Good Morning . I just picked up a Waldon 5100 . It runs and moves but needs some TLC . the nameplate on the right/passenger side is missing ( so no serial number ) It's a 4 cylinder diesel ( Ford I think) . Just looking for some back round information ( Factory won't tell me anything without serial number) Questions are : What year did they start with model 5100 ? How can I verify what Ford engine ? Where else would there be a serial number ? Any one have some generic 5100 operator/repair manuals ? I'll try to post a couple pics . Thanks! Dan K.
Can't be of any help but we had one of those years ago stop at the shop before sending it to auction. What got me is on the one we had there was not much room for operator. Don't think anyone over 190 pounds would have fit behind the steering wheel!
Sorry, not much help. Here's my waldon 7000 Not sure on the serial number. I was in the same shape, but luckily I had access to the previous owners records which included serial number.
Good Afternoon . I was able to find the serial number and an owner's manual . But ! The engine is not what it left the factory with , So I'm still unsure of what the motor is ! Thanks! Dan k.
I have one, have done a lot of work to it. rebuilt it. Built a cab for it, the cab is small for a big person but I am comfortable in it. Installed locking differentials in both axles, what a difference that made. Installed a skid steer quick attachment on it. It has a 3 cylinder Deutz 47.5 HP diesel Changed out the Vector Hyd Pump insides for more travel speed, now it travels upto 12 MPH, in high range, still has strong power in low range. I like it, does not have much power to load up bucket in a pit face, might work better with teeth on the bucket. I can get a full bucket loading up from a pile a truck dumped. The tires will dig holes loading a bucket from pit face with locking differentials, before that the loader would just bounce off the pit face, no penatration into bank face. Skid steers would humiliate it loading a bucket, not anymore.
I'm way over that and 6'3" and shoehorned my self in a couple of those over the years. One even had a cab on it.... I have heard that they are the only articulated loader, that if the pivot pin breaks, you get crushed to death, at least keep an eye on the wear on that area.