Some info and a look at my new toy, and the nasty hydraulic fluid that came out of it towards the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1Y2hTQWbxo&feature=youtu.be
Testing the hydraulics after dumping and filling with 10 gallons of fresh fluid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PxgAJksvbw
Nice old 52........and looks like you are doing alot of much-needed restoration work like I am doing now on my ole 68 Case 580CK.......Im trying to post pics of various repairs to maybe help someone else in the future......and am getting alot of great advice from other members here. Good luck with it. dwight
Thanks. I looked hard for a 580ck in that era, looked at quite a few, too. Couldn't find any in my price range that weren't complete basket cases. My Oliver runs and digs great, just minor stuff here and there plus some preventative maintenance. Pretty much everything is cosmetic. I really lucked out finding it for the price I did. Unfortunately there's some functional issues, like the hood doesn't come off because the loader frame is in the way. Once I get it I'm going to wire brush a good portion of it and throw a coat of paint or two on it and hopefully that will make it look semi-presentable. The only thing that is intimidating at this point are the spool valves. Rebuilding them, I have no idea what's in them. If I could find an exploded diagram that would be really helpful. I've seen a few sets for sale that look identical, but they're $700+.
I had a 1957 Case 320, damn near as ugly as yours. Gas motor dual range 4 speed. Only needed 2, anything over about 10 MPH was way too scarey. Dug good, leaked good too. Surpluscenter.com will be your friend. Joe H
It may be gas but it's a 6 cylinder 3.5 liter motor, 55hp is respectable to me gas or diesel. It has 6 forward speeds, but I haven't gone over 2 yet. There's no weight in the front with the hoe so far back, I ride wheelies across the hard and have no steering even in first. I'm am picking up some counter weights for the front. My issue now is finding a replacement hydraulic filter. If anyone can identify it that'd be really helpful. I went several places with it in hand and no one could find a thing that came close. Everything was spun on, no cartridges. It's about 4" long and 2-2.5" in diameter.
I did a quick Google search typed oliver tractor 1952 hydraulic Then i clicked images at the bottom Looks like an AC P138 ? Also check eBay for images
I checked a few by images, problem is I can't see both ends of the filter. I "think" it's this one, but it's really hard to be sure. NAPA will have it in for me in about 20min, and I'm taking mine iwth me, so we should know soon. I don't want to buy online because then return is a hassle if it's wrong. http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Hydraulic-Filter/_/R-FIL1467_0273092617 This is my filter: