Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

walking?

watglen ยท 2009-08-01 09:30

Following the vandalism already on this thread, I am afraid to leave my 240 at the site. The only other choice is to walk it home at night. What do you guys think of a 30 minute drive from site to yard each morning and night? Track wear?

Replies10
  1. #1special tool2009-08-01 11:35

    Don't do that. Just get insurance.

  2. #2Chris917862009-08-01 18:22

    +1 :drinkup

  3. #3spitzair2009-08-01 23:44

    You'll kill your undercarriage in no time... I agree with Chris and Special Tool...

  4. #4stock2009-08-02 06:21

    If there is a history of vandalism will an insurance grabbers pay out ,will you disclose the previous incidence when taking it out? what about Vandal guards ?

  5. #5watglen2009-08-02 15:50

    You wouldn't believe it, but the insurance had to back date a policy and push it through in order to get coverage the last time. I called them when i got the unit and said i was concerned about vandalism. I told them to see what insurance was going to be. And before he got back to me the unit was hit. Hard to believe they would do that for me. I guess they like me account. I am waiting on a quote for vandal guards.

  6. #6Monrad2009-08-03 02:18

    How about getting a night time camera, you can get good huntung ones that are motion activated and are really quite cheap, you can put them anywhere as they are fairly small. At the very least you might be able to find out who has done the vandilism. There are also motion activated flood lights, that would put the ***** up them.

  7. #7lrk2009-08-03 17:55

    Lawrie Why not fit steel gaurds and wire mesh over the windows, Lawrie

  8. #8gasfield315c2009-08-05 12:04

    how about a good old fashioned night watchmen, we do that at work all the time wherever we are working, we will get a local we trust to watch our stuff and pay him or have someone in the company come and nightwatch

  9. #9special tool2009-08-05 14:22

    Haha....dude - don't be posting that on a public forum. That's FRAUD on the part of your agent. If he knew you did that, he'd probably have a heart atttack!!!

  10. #10biodole2009-08-06 23:46

    Insurance + Security Camera + Motion Sensitive Lights + Good Locks + Steel Mesh on the Windows.