Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Want to change the final drive oil in my case cx36. How?

calvin ยท 2012-05-30 10:50

How do I go about changing the oil in there? Seems pretty straight forward, but I haven't done it on an excavator before. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1calvin2012-06-01 09:40

    86 views and no one knows how to change final drive oil? lol.. wow

  2. #2robin yates uk2012-06-01 10:02

    I have never done this but there has to be a drain plug somewhere underneath, remove, drain, flush, refill is my suggestion

  3. #3calvin2012-06-01 10:15

    There's 3 bolts on the final drive cover. One says oil. Do I have to rotate that bolt hole to the bottom..drain it..then rotate it back up to fill it? What point do you stop..when oil's coming out?

  4. #4Fire222012-06-02 00:26

    Line up all three holes vertical. Drain the oil from the bottom one, then put the plug back in. Unscrew the center plug and the top one, fill through the top until oil comes out of the center, stop filling and put the plugs back in. Be careful not to get oil on rubber tracks. I change mine every 80 to 100 hours.