Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Want to know.

kim locklear ยท 2017-07-18 12:43

What makes the difference in a G,H,M models of the motor graders.

Replies5
  1. #1Dozerboy2017-07-18 13:32

    No sure I understand the question for sure, but the letter indicates different generations of cats. Like Ms is where cat started using pilot controls.

  2. #2mitch5042017-07-19 01:21

    What brand are you talking about? Cat, Deere, etc?

  3. #3kim locklear2017-07-19 12:14

    Cat machines I am referring to as size 14H, 14M, wanted to know how the letter sized the machine.

  4. #4mitch5042017-07-19 13:01

    The number is the basic size. The letter basically tells the age, not the size, though sizes do change slightly with redesigns. Every time they make a major model change, they change the letter. If you have questions about specific models, we can give you general answers on here. Your best bet is to get a hold of a "Caterpillar Performance Handbook". You can get used ones on ebay. They have all the specs for current models and old ones. Generally

  5. #5Graderfan19812017-07-23 18:24

    I have find a site where are some informations about some types from Caterpillar: http://www.ritchiewiki.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Caterpillar_Motor_Graders