So my 2015 305E2 came with the back up camera. Whether it was factory installed or dealer installed, it has it. Naturally it didn’t work. I tested the wiring and it all checked out good. So the camera was dead. The camera is $700ish from Cat, 336-6684 part number. The plastic mount on it had a 2020 date, so it’s been replaced and failed within 4-5 years, or was installed in 2020, either way it failed. I wasn’t gonna pay 700 for a camera on a machine that spins 360°…. I had a universal aftermarket backup camera for a vehicle laying in the shop that I wasn’t using. It is an Alpine Hce-C115. The newest model is HCE-C1100. However, you have two options on installing the camera in the machine. You can cut the plug off of the intermediate cable that goes from the video plug of the camera to the machine plug. Or you can use a 4 pin female plug (male pin) Deutsch DT style connector and make your own harness from the camera or camera box to the machine. Purple is power video White is ground video Red is 12 volt power to camera Black is ground to camera You’ll need an RCA that splits off into wires if you’re using an RCA output camera which most are. I tested the theory and it worked so I went ahead and installed it all. I used the original grommet from the camera, and cut the cable for the camera to get it off. It was junk anyway since it didn’t work. The Alpine wire fit nicely into the grommet so I didn’t have to source something to seal the cab up. This should work for the skid steers with cameras as well, you’ll just have to figure out how to mount it in the door. This camera came with a small “brain” box that controls it so I just zip tied it where I could access it easily. My machine is missing the back corner panel so I wasn’t worried about the placement there. I’m sure you could hide it behind the seat or elsewhere if you chose to, it would just require running wires further to get the plug. Anyway, photos of the install, and I posted this for anyone looking to save a buck since the Cat cameras are notorious for failing.
No replies yet.