Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WANTED Good used final drive for pc150 lc3

digger4u22 ยท 2008-09-19 19:38

komatsu excavator. It is a hydash GM 20. Would consider buying a non running parts machine.

Replies13
  1. #1John C.2008-09-19 21:11

    You are going to be real lucky to find anything for that. I warned people away from those machines back in the late nineties. Few were sold in this country and the finals are gone from the ones that have been wrecked since. Good Luck!

  2. #2equippartsdir2008-09-19 21:35

    PM me your machine S/N, as well as all of the numbers on the Final Drive Tag, and we'll investigate the availablity of both Good Used Take-Out units along with new aftermarket replacements.

  3. #3Tony2008-09-22 07:48

    I'm not real sure where John C. is getting his info from, but the 150LC-3 wasn't a bad macine at all. Reliable, strong, great on fuel, etc. Used parts are pretty well available. Start with a call to H&R in Buffalo, NY...they can probably help you. Tony

  4. #4John C.2008-09-22 21:28

    Tony, I had five years working for a Komatsu Dealer and ten years chasing them in my own business. I didn't say the machine was bad either. They were the sports car of excavators in their time. They had a PC200 engine and their own special size pump. They also had a PC120 valve that was prone to breaking on the straight travel function. The finals are one of and no other machine that I worked on had one of that torque and speed. I've heard that the Dash 5 final would fit in the track frame but it was a two speed unit. The Dash 3 was a single speed unit and the gear reduction is totally different. Use a Dash 5 and you only crawl. So you are stuck replacing two instead of one. Last I checked you couldn't even get one from a dealer. If you find a Dash 3 unit you have a piece of gold. Good Luck!

  5. #5digger4u222008-09-23 20:02

    The machine ser. # is 3484. It is a 1986 machine. The hydash GM20 was only used on the dash 3 pc150 komatsu. Parts are very hard to find, extremely expensive, and the nature of the GM20 makes it tough to successfully rebuild. That being said I would like to find a parts machine or a good used takeout. I see the machines for sale from time to time so there are a few around.

  6. #6Partsdude2008-09-30 19:55

    I just did a search for this motor and it has been discontinued by Komatsu as of 2006. Your best bet is to find a parts machine if you want to keep it going.

  7. #7tctractors2008-10-05 10:50

    150-3 Bits We have track drive units for these bangers in the U.K. if you are in a real jam and willing to suck up the postage cost. tctractors

  8. #8willys4ever2009-06-30 21:09

    final drives I am also looking for a final drive for a linkbelt 2700c2, or parts for one. I was also wondering if any one had a cross reference list for other excavators that came with the same hydash drive? thanks for any help you can give.

  9. #9finaldrive2009-07-04 20:59

    digger4u22 - I've emailed you from your inquiry to our website and have not had a reply. I've also had about 10 calls last week all looking for a drive for your machine. The GM20 is longer produced and has not been manufactured since 2002. There are no parts available anymore either. Komatsu has some parts floating around thougout their dealer stock, but of course not the parts that are commonly needed. We've created a solution for this obsolete unit and we have about 10 people a year that use this solution. I am always on the lookout for people wrecking these machines and I buy the drives off of them and recondition them (if they are able to be reconditioned) I only know of two used GM20's in all of North America. One is junk, I shipped it out to our shop and found that it was not "good used" at all. The parts required to repair it are not available and even if they were the cost was over $7k. The other one is a good used one, but the guy who has it knows exactly what he has and wants almost double of what we want for a NEW replacement for the GM20. If you have time to wait, you may find one for around $5k, but remember it will probably have the same hours as yours that you are attempting to replace. We're the largest supplier of final drives in North America and we're a Teijin Seiki Hy-Dash authorized repair center. I oversee the entire final drive division of the company. I've spent years wrecking machines too, we've wrecked over 3,300 machines. My point is that if there is something out there in relation to final drives and Hy-Dash, I usually know about it. We created a solution for this machine because of all the inquiries we receive and for tha above stated reasons. I felt that someone had to help consumers that have a good working machine but no parts support for their drive. Keep in mind we are using new current production units to create this solution for the GM20. With that said, the problem comes down to what it costs us to create this unit and what we can offer it for. It really comes down to your return on your investment. I completely understand someone not wanting to spend a lot on a late 80's machine. I spend the majority of my day finding these solutions and the majority of the time it's not cost effective for most. But I do catalog what I've learned and have a solution for the next call that comes in. If you did not receive my email, send me a PM and I'll give you my 800 # and we can talk about what we have.

  10. #10finaldrive2009-07-04 21:09

    willys4ever, I believe you have spoken with one of our salesman already as I have received numerous requests for parts for an LS-2700C-II last week. Your drive is a GM24 series and like the PC150-3 it is no longer manufactured. However, the GM24 was discontinued recently and there are usually enough parts around to repair your unit. It really depends on what you need. We've also come up with a solution for this machine. We have a new complete final drive with motor made for us overseas and it's one of our best sellers. We modify it in our shop to fit numerous applications. We change the gear ratio and the motor displacement to match whichever GM24 we are replacing. What we use is only interchangeable as a complete unit, our parts will not work inside the genuine GM24. Send me a PM with your email and I'll give you our 800# and we can talk about what you need for parts and whether it is something I can obtain for you. I'm not usually reachable by phone, but if I know you'll be calling I can make sure you get through to me. Our salespeople only have access to the direct drop in solution and I'm sure that is what they offered you. I may be able to offer you the parts, but I'd need to talk to you about what exactly you need. Either way I'll give you a straight honest answer of what we're looking at as a solution for you.

  11. #11MrKomatsu2009-07-06 11:12

    digger....i found two for you let me look at theM..........john u need to check your info>>

  12. #12MrKomatsu2009-07-06 11:18

    digger......Komatsu said that is a invaild Serial #...recheck....look on the track frame in between the lift cylinders...call me at 281-732-6719.....

  13. #13R W Merrick2015-12-27 23:35

    My travel motor is pushing hydraulic fluid into my final on a pc150-3. Is it possible to reseal or rebuild the travel motor?