Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wanted: Little Giant 1242 crane info

Finster ยท 2022-06-22 13:24

Anyone happen to have any manuals/brochures/spec sheets for this crane? I have searched the Internet and come up empty. According to the seller on Facebook it's a 1995 Little Giant 1242. What I am really looking for is a scale diagram/drawing that give some basic measurements (i.e. wheelbase, overall length, etc.) Usually you can find this type of drawing in a sales brochure or in the operators or service manual. If anyone has this info or knows a good place to look I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1mekanik2022-06-22 13:38

    I believe they were acquired by Manitex. They may be able to supply some info. https://www.manitexinternational.com/brands-littlegiant.aspx

  2. #2Toolslinger2022-06-23 05:13

    I can't add anything other than that clam looks an awful lot like a Bucyrus Erie unit from their H3/H5 machines...

  3. #3Finster2022-06-23 12:29

    Thanks for your quick reply and suggestion. I did try contacting Manitex and my email went unanswered. I also tried contacting CCC (Crane Carrier Company) because I believe they are responsible for the truck part. They also ignored my email. This is why I was trying here in the hopes that maybe someone had some info about this in a crane literature collection or experience with it.

  4. #4Finster2022-06-23 12:33

    I totally agree! In fact that is the very reason why I am interested in this machine. It's very much like a BE-H3/H5 except it has a more common winch and 360 degree turntable instead of the hydraulic ropes/cylinder arrangement used by the BE-H3/H5 cranes.

  5. #5mowingman2022-06-23 13:10

    I do not like trying to Email companies for info. I like to call their office, and pester the heck out of them, until they get me to the right person. It almost always works. I would start calling. Hard for them to ignore the phone ringing all day. Jeff

  6. #6Woodtick2022-11-20 09:30

    I realize this is a late response. We just yesterday purchased a Little Giant crane, and also looking for info. If I find any new leads I'll post up. Ours is a model 5TT 7001(?) according to the tag.