I'm looking to import a used grader from US or Canada to Australia but have no contacts. I normally import from Japan(dozers only). Does anyone have any contacts that i may use to start my search? thanks firetrack
I can help you. What are you looking for?
I know where there is a 12f caterpillar for sale for somewhere around 15k usa, I can load it into a container for you for a fee and help with transport to the port
I'm looking for something a bit more modern than a 12F. I have located a couple of JD672 that I'm investigating. One is in Mexico and the other in Texas. I'm not sure but I get the impression that maintenance may not be as good as it could be in Mexico. i am waiting on a contract to be finalised before purchasing anything. We have had a very wet spring, summer and now start to our Autumn. I have a possible contract to 'dress up' approx 250klm of gravel and dirt firetracks. Being so wet I think a 6wd may come in handy. firetrack
I have imported a grader and skid steer last year and would be happy to help. My previous experience has been importing new goods (street furniture) from asia and I found used machinery has a number of traps. Couple of tips: Use an agent experienced in used machinery - this is imperative. (PM me and I would be happy to put you in touch with some Aussie forwarders based in Atlanta) they were brilliant. You no doubt know (with your Dozers) that Australian Quarrantine or the strictist in the world for cleanliness. Totally anal in fact. and no matter how clean it arrives it will be sent for more cleaning here. Single machine will probably be cheaper RollOn - RollOff rather than container when you consider costs to dismantle and put it back together etc. My experience was still well worthwhile and cost effective however. Hope this helps. Cheers Wayne
Thanks for the input. I know about Australian Customs and cleanliness. It doesn't matter how good it is done overseas they will still require you to have it done again in Australia. I've had to wash every dozer that has come to the country. In reality it is a load of rubbish as they only do all the outside and easy to get at bits repeatedly. Most of the time the A/C condensors and evaporators are filthy when the machine get home. Appreciate the 'knock down' to the Aussie forwarders in Atlanta. I've used Freightplus for all my imports from Japan and have never had an issue. I'm not sure if they are the cheapest but in this case cheapest is not alway the least expensive in the long run. Regards Wayne
FT First time I used Freightplus but they were recommended by the dealer I purchased the machines from in Tucson. Steve and the boys could not have been more helpful. (First time I rang, 'Tie me Kangaroo Down Sport' as on hold music was a dead giveaway!) Very professional. Transport throughout USA I used Colbren Logistics in Phoenix. Another very prof. company. I bought a demo Champion 6x6 and still got sent for cleaning in Melb. Same machine here a couple of hundred k plus, all up cost around $75k, so really a no-brainer. Other problem with Aus is the lack of stock of good 2nd hand graders. Good luck with the contract Cheers Wayne
Thats an old thread but I just found the post from godoggies3. I can recommend the guys from Freightplus as well. I live in Perth and Freightplus Fremantle imported used machines from Indonesia and USA to my doorstep. As far as I know are Freightplus the only ones taht offer fixed price quarantine cleaning! They were the only company able to tell me a fixed price for importing, cleaning, shipping, paperwork, insurances etc. and the only ones able to tell me a date when my machines would be delivered! They are not the cheapest ones, I must admit, but the service is great and all I had to do was pay and wait
Jade Equipment, Edmonton Alberta Canada. We ship graders worldwide all the time..
www.brandttractor.com Get in touch with Eldon Krebs. They will get you just what your looking for. Brandt Tractor Ltd is the largest privately owned John Deere dealer in the world.