Backfilling.... thats what its good for. So we have started a new subdivision.... 340 lots, 2 crews and lots of iron. Here's my little dirt warzone.
I bet ya'll didn't know Mario Andretti drives a 966F in his spare time did ya?
So we have buried the main lines... in one trench we have already put in water, storm and sanitary and then backfilled 1ft above the water. Now we're going around the subdivision and digging the services from the main lines to property lines. This is war for me. They dig 340 seperate little trenches with the 385's... and we backfill em all. Myself in the 63...a Dynascrap packer and Deere 710G and sometimes the 430E
The crackhoes... and Dynascraps working together. I say Dynascrap because we have been having issues with the packer that stays with me. The fuel pump took a dump on it so it died in the hole this morning where it sat for 3hrs.
A '63??!!!
"They dig 340 seperate little trenches with the 385's... and we backfill em all." Did you say they're digging LATERALS with a 385?!
Nice pics bo. Hmm, I don't see any pics of the 963 doing anything??? It just seems to be driving around the yard takin' pics of everybody else doing something. Bah ha ha ha :tong :cool2
any graders on site soon? ***
Graders? Pffttttttt...burnout is convinced his 963 is a grader. Bah ha ha ha
War huh, Hopefully these will not be your last pictures... PS tell the guy in the 330 to dig with the other end of the machine.
what happened to your new 973?!
what happened to all your youtube vids. i mean don\t get me wrong i love jeeps but i liked your vids
I'll be in Edmonton tomorrow, Burnout. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get on a damn aeroplane I'd have to swing by your jobsite to show you how it's done. LOL jk keep up the fine work. I've been working up in Northern Alberta for the past couple weeks, but I'm getting shipped back up to Northern Manitoba because a couple guys on another crew quit... so I guess I better be making twice as much money since I'm getting sent there to replace both of them? LOL
oh yeah and what's with the guy in the 966F crusin around everywhere with the bucket way up in the air? I'm guessing he's either a Newfie or a crack head?
Why settle for just one or the other?
that's the very first thing I noticed too.. and I'm not exactly a veteran like some of the experts here either I suspect in the next set of pics we may see that loader on its side or on its nose. well done that man!
Actually he is a veteran loader operator. Is it by the book? No. Does he do it? Yes. He has been running loader a long time, and he is one of the best I have seen. Its un orthodox but it works. It keeps dust from coming up in front of the cab and the loader rides a little better,
I stand corrected then.. I would like to see a vid of that if ya get a chance
I'll put everything I own saying it is wrong to travel with your bucket in the air simply to be dust from coming up in front of the cab and for a better ride. I know thats not you, but no way is it right. I would be pretty growly if that was someone on my site. Nice pics though.
So would you be upset with a high drive dozer operator that travels around the site in R to avoid all the dust that gets thrown up when tracking forward in high gear?
Maybe, but atleast the risk of him rolling the machine wouldn't be an issue which is what i'm concerned about the most. Machine wasn't meant to be on its side
Ran a loader for six months where I had to go everywhere backwards, and with the bucket up in the air. Never rolled it ever, never came close. I dont see it as an issue. Unfortunately it seems the uploader is not working yet, so I guess i can direct link http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z269/demoguy324/MCM Job 517/L110E/0605190027-1.jpg http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z269/demoguy324/MCM Job 517/L110E/0610180030.jpg
haha well i guess different strokes for different folks, i try to keep the bucket pretty low, the lower center of gravity should make it ride smoother, having the boom way up there should make it bouncier and then there's the visibility issues i guess...
If your going slow I don't see it as an issue, and the difference is you had too turbo cause of what your moving with it, you didn't do it just cause the dust was bothering your vision.
Today I was cruisin around in a WA450 Komatsu.... tried driving around with the loader up in the air, and nice and low. I prefer up high, you can see better, and it does ride better. I suggest everyone gives it a try.
just watch out for power lines
Coming from a guy that says cat is all It doesnt matter its your personal preference and aslong as the guy does it safely... WHO CARES :beatsme Just my thoughts
easy on the newfie thing 928g.
We like newfie jokes. But here's the deal, I'll stop tellin em when you guys from the east stop passing judgement on all of ontario just because you've been to Toronto. Anyways back to the wheel loader thing.... runnin around with the bucket up in the air is like having a wing... the air rushing under the bucket creates downpressure on the front tires making the steering more responsive.
If Burnout says drive around with the loader bucket in the air, then drive around with the bucket in the air we will!
Are you sure about that, Burnout, have another think about it, on second thoughts, I think I see what you mean, but it could also have the opposite effect. Ah, now youve got me confused! RnR.
Yes I did think about it, if you tip the bucket the other way you can get the traction on the back tires. If you do it all the time you officially qualify for the SS Badge on your loader. Hey EGS.... don't take wheel loader advice from me. I'm not much of a wheel loader op. Only on tracks.
:lmao:lmao:lmaoStopped reading this thread about halfway thru, took off my work boots and put on my knee high boots.
ok burnout, just be sure to post the pics when you flip it... and watch out for wires and airplanes
It is getting deep, lol.
Reading about all this I'm thinking about trying something with my Boom Truck,it leans in the corners making me slow down (top heavy).......When driving fast it leans so if I leave the pump in gear and run a rope out each wing window I could counter-swing the boom so I wouldn't have to slow down Or I could mount a tire on the boom and use it as a rolling out rigger UMMM :beerchug
You got it Tiny.... that sounds like a plan. I doubt I'll roll the loader. I do have some common sense. But as usual I will provide pics if something bad happens.