Hey Folks- I have an ancient D5 96J799. Last week, all of the oils were fine. this week, there is water in the engine oil, transmission oil and hydraulic oil. How does that happen? Thanks much.
I'd guess because it was in the rain or it washed. It had to be in a wet situation to get water in the compartments. Need to check for any missing or damaged covers, caps, dipsticks or gaskets that would allow water to get in. Water doesn't originate from within except in the case of a blown head gasket or something like that. Driving in water could introduce water if a gasket or seals leak.
3 seperate systems most likely rain water
Not uncommon as condensation in humid climate (Florida)
How much water? Did you see it on the dipsticks or when draining oil, or??? How do you know there was no water last week?
I considered condensation but it sounded like a lot of water.
Punks...
And why locking caps are mandatory for machines that are left on job sites, with no security measures.