Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Water in transmission fluid JD 210 LE

GeorgeT ยท 2023-04-04 21:18

I went to start my JD 210LE today and the parking brake locked up on me as soon as I started moving. I immediately went to check transmission fluid level and as soon as I opened the hood, notice fluid leaking out of the dip stick pipe with the dipstick still in but pupped out of normal place. after I pilled on the stick foamy whitish fluid run out indicating water in the system. Does anyone have an idea what could be the source of contamination and where to start troubleshooting? I will greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612023-04-05 05:23

    Welcome to HEF GeorgeT ! Machine serial number please. Are you sure it is not just foamy aerated oil? IIRC, that machine has an oil to air transmission oil cooler, so it would be impossible for coolant to get into the transmission.

  2. #2JL Sargent2023-04-05 07:52

    Have you had any problem with parking brake turning on by itself before? As MG suggested, it sounds like aeration. There is a vent on top of the transmission. Might check it and make sure it's not stopped up with dirt.

  3. #3GeorgeT2023-04-05 20:35

    Thanks for your response! The model # is T0210LE883129 I have assumed it was water in the system ... didn't know it can foam up like that. I have drained the fluid up today and noticed that it looks pretty clear. I will try to locate the vent and make sure it's clear. I will update after I refill the fluid. I did have problems with the parking brake locking on me before caused by low transmission fluid level. Thanks again!

  4. #4GeorgeT2023-06-26 17:43

    Everything worked fine after I refiled transmission fluid. Thanks for all help!