Can anyone tell me how the water level sensor works on a 2006 T600. its mounted in the plastic overflow tank. our goes off all the time. tried new sensor and checked wiring. still goes off all the time. How does it read the level it doesn't touch the coolant. mounts in a pocket in the bottom of tank. Can the plastic get discolored and stop it from working? its a little yellow. Thanks
They have a little magnet on a float, I don’t know if the float quits floating or the magnet comes off. You have to replace the tank or take the sensor out and tape a magnet to the tip of it.
I second the response by wytruckwrench. I have a theory but have never taken the time to prove it. I think the floats don’t like green antifreeze or mixed coolant. Just a theory.....TIO
Interesting. I hadn't thought of there being a float inside the tank. Thanks for the explanation.
TIO, I hadn’t thought about them not liking different antifreeze. Makes sense.
This is a good topic as we have an 09 T800 that has that same issue.
Dont buy the TRP tank. They still have an issue witht them and the float sticks within a week or two. Cough up the extra 50$ and get the OEM one
Yep the small magnet glued to the tip did the trick. Thanks for the help.
Follow the wires down from your tank and they go into a little square box. Wires coming out of it as well, about six or so inches below your tank. Its the sending unit controller. It just plugs in. Thats probably your problem.