I have a old hd16dp allis chalmers dozer with serieal number 8058 engine number 16-08386 which the water pump quit and canot find a kit or total pump to fix it I can get a used one from wreckers but just wondering if some one knows where a new one would be have tried Minnapar but no succes thanks
It seems like there was a post on here about a place in TX that will rebuild any water pump, if that would help.
Take this post over to the unofficial Allis web page, construction section, they gots a lot of old allis guys, there...
I agree there was a guy who just got something similar done on an old Allis or IH and he was happy with the result and price. Water pumps don't usually need to be replaced, it just happens to be cheaper to do it that way when they are in mass production so we get into that mind set. They can usually be easily re-bearinged and re-sealed.
unfourntaly im from Saskathewan Cananda Texas is a long ways away I will put the post in the Allis section and see what happens thanks for the ideas keep them coming.
UPS goes from sask. to Texas everyday...
And if you can get it apart, you probably only need seals and bearings like BV said. Even if you break the impeller, as long as the housing is OK, it shouldn't be too hard to fab an impeller. It's not rocket science.