Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

water temp gauge for komatsu

toreed47 ยท 2009-08-31 12:48

I want to put a electric water temp gauge and sending unit on a komatsu pc200lc-3 with s6d105 eng. Can someone tell me what will work. I took the monitor off and put gauges on but the temp sending unit I have in it now is not long enough to reach the water flow. Does any one have an ideas this is an old machine and don't want to put 2500 in a used monitor.

Replies7
  1. #1MrElectric032009-08-31 15:27

    Is your temp gauge electric or mechanical? Im assuming its mechanical, id say buy a cheap electric gauge and run the sensor(probably included or optional with the gauge) to the engine where the current one is and use some adapters if you need to. $2500 for a used monitor? Whats the part number? 2 stage or 3 stage? Is the module that mounts under the panel 1 peice or 2?

  2. #2toreed472009-08-31 16:24

    Its a 3 stage 2 peice. But I have already put in a manual oil pressure gauge and hour meter. The temp guage I bought was a electronic but the sending unit was to short. As to the monitor it was not working when I bought the hoe I think from looking at it someone has changed some of the wires I the busser doesn't work either. So I thought it would be cheaper to just put gauges in it. I'm just going to use on the farm.

  3. #3MrElectric032009-08-31 18:50

    I was going to say I work for a Komatsu dealer and our sale price is between $600 and $750 for a new one depending on which one it is but yea for around the farm no sense in spending a ton on it. You cant just add wire to it?

  4. #4toreed472009-09-01 09:46

    What do you mean you cant just add wire to it?

  5. #5MrElectric032009-09-01 20:16

    If its an electronic gauge and it has an electronic sensor its just connected between the two by wire right?

  6. #6toreed472009-09-02 11:03

    That is true but my problem is finding a sending unit that is long enough reach the water flow. The one that come with the gauge kit the end of the sender doesn't stick out past the end of the adapter.

  7. #7MrKomatsu2009-09-02 18:10

    komatsu hase the gold book out which in fact has the replacement gauge in it sensor and all....toreed e-mail and i'll give you the part#,,