I have a Mitsubishi 230lc-3 excavator. Since Cat bought the company out in the 90s,parts are hard to come by. I need a water temp sensor and have run out of options. I believe its a 10 to 80 ohm sensor with a 3/8 thread which is basically a 5/8 diameter and the thermistor element is 3/8 diameter. Anyone have a suggestion on where to get this part?Cat says they can help if I get them the motor ser# and motor arrangement # .What does the arrangement # even mean? The only #s I see are stamped into the intake manifolds. They are ME053030, I53111 and 4531N.That's Greek to me. Heres a pic. Thanks for any help. COASTBUSTER
All Cat engines should have a tag with engine type number, serial number and arrangment. Arrangment basically tells what options, variations and parts the engine has. It is sort of a sub-serial number. Now if you don't have a Cat engine there may not be an arrangment number. Does your Cat dealer understand what you have? I like Cat for the ability to get parts for older things but some dealers / counter guys are not very helpful unless you have all the info they want in nice little rows.
It's a Mitsubishi engine on a 1984 ms230lc-3 excavator.
Best guess, Mitsubishi 3089080401 http://www.liftpartswarehouse.com/product-p/mb30890-80401.htm
Well it does look right and for the price might be worth the gamble, what's the worst that could happen gauge not work?
try this link https://www.machinerypartswarehouse.com/part/categories/excavator/mitsubishi/ms230lc-3
Thanks Guys. The Mitsubishi 3089080401 looks good. Even if it's a 1/2" thread I can always use a reducer bushing. The https://www.machinerypartswarehouse....ishi/ms230lc-3 looks good too. I'll probably need some other parts sooner or later. Forums are great. Someone always knows something about something. Dan
If that doesn't work I know a lot of the older ford auto senders are 3/8 npt with similar temp/ohms although it usually has a threaded terminal on it instead of the barrel.
It should have a Mitsubishi 6D22C engine in it. Kobelco used Mitsubishis in their excavators, I would find a Kobelco dealer and check for something like an SK907 or 909 size machine.
Thanks to all,Lantraxo's # sensor was an exact match. Check it out.
That's cool (lucky guess), but does it match with the gauge?
I think that's the original sensor and should be the original gauge. Not near the machine until Saturday. I'll let you know. They measure 10 ohms apart from each other. That's enough to make a difference. The old sensor worked somewhat. The gauge has three colors. White for cold,Green for normal and red for overheat. It always stayed in the white zone. This time should go to the green unless it overheats,then to red.